Geforce gtx 550 ti native display issues

I have an EVGA GeForce 550 GTX Ti and a Samsung B2330Hd and I know my monitor's native res is 1080p, but under the Nvidia control panel it claims my native resolution as 1024 x 768. I'm using a HDMI to mini-HDMI connector for the monitor and gfx card. Is there a way to make my native resolution higher?
4 answers Last reply
More about geforce native display issues
  1. Are your drivers up to date?
  2. In the Nvidia control panel you should be able to select the resolution and make it 1080 then save it. On my Dell I was able to select a different resolution and even when my monitor native was 1080. Everytime I booted up it would always be at the setting I slected.

If your Nvidia control panel doesn't show you the option to select that resolution, then look for the customize and make it customized.
  3. Yes, my drivers are all up to date, and yes, I am able to run my monitor in 1920 x 1080 and it works, but the issue is that for games and any program that uses an independent resolution (SWTOR for example) shows up to 1280 x 768 or w/e, and nothing more. I know that when I use the same monitor with me Nvidia 330M (MBP) is 1080p. So I am wondering if there is an issue with my card or maybe cable connecting the two that is forcing the native (not the customized) resolution lower. Thanks a bunch for the help and sorry my question somewhat vague and worded poorly.
  4. Do you have widescreen and all of that other stuff enabled?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Monitors Geforce Graphics