quick launch icons

October 26, 2004 8:57:02 AM

My "show desktop" icon disappeared from the quick launch toolbar. I have not
been able to satisfactorly bring it back. Creating a desktop shortcut only
takes me to the folder under my user's name and shows the icons and not the
desktop. This is in Service Pack 2. I have had SP2 for over a month and the
icon disappeared within the last week.

More about : quick launch icons

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 3:15:03 PM

Open Notepad and enter the following text:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Save the new file as "Show Desktop.scf" with the quotes, then drag and drop
the icon on the Quick Launch bar or whatever location you want the shortcut
to appear.

From: http://www.theeldergeek.com/restore_show_desktop_icon.h...

John,
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 3:19:13 PM

messmerdp wrote:
> My "show desktop" icon disappeared from the quick launch toolbar. I
> have not been able to satisfactorly bring it back. Creating a
> desktop shortcut only takes me to the folder under my user's name and
> shows the icons and not the desktop. This is in Service Pack 2. I
> have had SP2 for over a month and the icon disappeared within the
> last week.

The following article shows the step by step procedure for recreatinf the
Show Desktop Icon.

How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=190355
--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Automated Edit:

Restore/Add Show Desktop to Quick Launch (Line 61) Right hand side

Or go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32
--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User