Sign in with
Your question

CPU Crashes and Upgrade Help?

Last response: in CPUs
July 18, 2012 2:28:13 AM

If I play something like American Mcgee's, I would get the CPU pop up. If I continued playing my game, my game crashes and another pop up about CPU shows. (I can't recall what it said)

I am not good with computers and I pretty much have no clue what to do, so I'll list random specs hoping one of them will help you guys answer my question

My Computer isn't the best and buying a new one isn't a choice. I can only upgrade with a budget at $100-$130 which will be used for something that will fix my CPU problems.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Anthlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (CPU) ~2.6GHz

Memory: 2048MB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Socket: AM2 (940)

More about : cpu crashes upgrade

July 18, 2012 5:40:02 AM

Install more memory. 4 Gb is recommended and check your motherboard if theres any PCI expansion slots. A ATI HD 6000/7000 video card wouldnt be bad.

Good Luck!
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 18, 2012 5:48:02 AM

MrCalvin said:
If I play something like American Mcgee's, I would get the CPU pop up. If I continued playing my game, my game crashes and another pop up about CPU shows. (I can't recall what it said)

I am not good with computers and I pretty much have no clue what to do, so I'll list random specs hoping one of them will help you guys answer my question

My Computer isn't the best and buying a new one isn't a choice. I can only upgrade with a budget at $100-$130 which will be used for something that will fix my CPU problems.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Anthlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (CPU) ~2.6GHz

Memory: 2048MB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Socket: AM2 (940)

Hi there,

Can u get a picture of that pop up? Anything about the overheating?
m
l
Related resources
July 18, 2012 4:51:32 PM

nikorr said:
Hi there,

Can u get a picture of that pop up? Anything about the overheating?

I'll run a temperature recorder and I'll force crash o-o
m
l
July 18, 2012 5:42:11 PM

Here you go.

This is the first pop up

after that it says

Program was closed to...

Turns out it isnt a CPU Error. I'll google this. Im sorry I posted it on the wrong sub category =/

Took 2 mins for that to pop up on that game

45min+ For American Mcgee :|
m
l
!