  • Quick Launch
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
October 26, 2004 9:01:07 AM

My "show desktop" icon has disappeared from my quick launch tool bar. I have
not been able to satisfactorly bring it back. If I create a short cut to the
desk top it shows the icons in desktop under the user's desktop folder. I
have had SP2 on for over a month, this happened within the last week.

More about : missing quick launch icon

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:52:06 PM

Click Start, Run and type the command regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32
(The Show Desktop SCF file should now be available)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"messmerdp" <messmerdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C5882BF-92A7-44A8-BD44-9ABAFA6FAEB4@microsoft.com...
My "show desktop" icon has disappeared from my quick launch tool bar. I have
not been able to satisfactorly bring it back. If I create a short cut to the
desk top it shows the icons in desktop under the user's desktop folder. I
have had SP2 on for over a month, this happened within the last week.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:52:07 PM

Thank you, It worked well.

Dan