missing quick launch icon

My "show desktop" icon has disappeared from my quick launch tool bar. I have
not been able to satisfactorly bring it back. If I create a short cut to the
desk top it shows the icons in desktop under the user's desktop folder. I
have had SP2 on for over a month, this happened within the last week.
2 answers Last reply
More about missing quick launch icon

    Click Start, Run and type the command regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32
    (The Show Desktop SCF file should now be available)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "messmerdp" <messmerdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C5882BF-92A7-44A8-BD44-9ABAFA6FAEB4@microsoft.com...
    My "show desktop" icon has disappeared from my quick launch tool bar. I have
    not been able to satisfactorly bring it back. If I create a short cut to the
    desk top it shows the icons in desktop under the user's desktop folder. I
    have had SP2 on for over a month, this happened within the last week.

    Thank you, It worked well.

    Dan

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Click Start, Run and type the command regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32
    > (The Show Desktop SCF file should now be available)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "messmerdp" <messmerdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C5882BF-92A7-44A8-BD44-9ABAFA6FAEB4@microsoft.com...
    > My "show desktop" icon has disappeared from my quick launch tool bar. I have
    > not been able to satisfactorly bring it back. If I create a short cut to the
    > desk top it shows the icons in desktop under the user's desktop folder. I
    > have had SP2 on for over a month, this happened within the last week.

Configuration Desktops Quick Launch Customization Windows XP