Off camera flash doesn't work on my Oly C700

Hi all,

I bought the "FL-CB04" flash cord that is supposed to be compatible with
my Oly C700 UZ and thought everything would work fine.

The trouble is that it doesn't trip the strobe at all. Is there an
internal setting that I have to change ?

Thanks much,

Perk
2 answers Last reply
More about camera flash doesn work c700

    "Perk" <perk@waverunner.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I bought the "FL-CB04" flash cord that is supposed to be compatible with
    > my Oly C700 UZ and thought everything would work fine.
    >
    > The trouble is that it doesn't trip the strobe at all. Is there an
    > internal setting that I have to change ?
    >
    > Thanks much,
    >
    > Perk
    Are you using the FL-40 strobe or another brand of strobe. The camera's
    book says an
    FL-BK01 and FL-CB01 bracket and cord are required for that. I couldn't find
    any mention in the book on a FL-CB04 flash cord but it does say that some
    aftermarket strobes will not work because they are not wired properly. I've
    had pretty good luck using a Vivitar 283 with a digital peanut slave trigger
    and setting the camera to the manual mode for ISO and shutter speed and
    letting the auto mode of the flash take care of the rest. I have a PDF
    file of the entire instruction book which I could send you if you are
    missing your instruction book. It is however, a little over 10MB. I don't
    remember where on line I found it. Probably the Olympus site.
    Tom.

    Tom wrote:
    > "Perk" <perk@waverunner.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>I bought the "FL-CB04" flash cord that is supposed to be compatible with
    >>my Oly C700 UZ and thought everything would work fine.
    >>
    >>The trouble is that it doesn't trip the strobe at all. Is there an
    >>internal setting that I have to change ?
    >>
    >>Thanks much,
    >>
    >>Perk
    >
    > Are you using the FL-40 strobe or another brand of strobe. The camera's
    > book says an
    > FL-BK01 and FL-CB01 bracket and cord are required for that. I couldn't find
    > any mention in the book on a FL-CB04 flash cord but it does say that some
    > aftermarket strobes will not work because they are not wired properly. I've
    > had pretty good luck using a Vivitar 283 with a digital peanut slave trigger
    > and setting the camera to the manual mode for ISO and shutter speed and
    > letting the auto mode of the flash take care of the rest. I have a PDF
    > file of the entire instruction book which I could send you if you are
    > missing your instruction book. It is however, a little over 10MB. I don't
    > remember where on line I found it. Probably the Olympus site.
    > Tom.

    The FL-CB04 cable is for connecting the 5 pin "off-camera" flash fitting
    to a unit having a PC type connection.
    My problem may be that the old "Twinklite" that I was using isn't
    compatable with it to begin with.
    I'm heading into Seattle today and will make a stop at Glazers, the pro
    shop there, and see if they can dope it out.

    Thanks very much,

    Perk

Photo Flash Cameras