Is my set up can do the job well?please help.(newbie here)

ckor10

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Hi Im a newbie here in forums.just asking if my future set up was enough for what i will be doing. it was intended for music recording. will be playing some games for sure,.I will not be doing Overclocking,and sure not upgrading in to a high end Rig for gaming.

Processor - Intel core I7 2600k
Motherboard - Asus PZ68 V-LE
RAM - Kingston 4gb 1333(2x) since for handling Vst's etc.
Hard Drives - Seagate 7200RPM baraccuda(500 gb) will be upgrading for 1 terrabyte same brand
Case - Cooler Master Elite 431 plus( trying to fill up to 4 to 5 fans
PSU - Silverstone ST50F 500w (is this powerful enough?)
Graphics Card - PALiT GeForce® GT 430 1GB DDR3

Optional
Thermaltake Frio ,since i will not do OCing

Overall your build does look good and I think you are going to be very happy with the performance that you get from it. If you might do some standard games you might look to moving up to something like the 550 ti which is still a lower end card but at least should be able to handle most things.

Also be careful with the Kingston memory, as a lot of their stuff is still running at 1.65v and the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor only DDR 3 at 1.5v ±5% (1.425v to 1.575v).

One last thing is that since you are not planning to overclock and you are not planning to do a lot of work that would take advantage of the IGP you might think of saving some money by dropping down to the Intel Core i7-2600 and just use the stock HSF (heatsink/fan).

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
if your not overclocking i suggest you go for a 2600 (without the k) but for your needs a i5 2400 seems more than good enough...
You should be able to save some money buying a h67 motherboard instead if you dont plan on using SRT tecnology or overclocking. GT 430 is a very low end graphics card which will probably not offer a very pleasing gaming experience even at a low resolution, but that really depends on what kinda gaming you do...if you play only minecraft or games alike that is just fine.
Dont buy a 550 ti, it is easily one of the worst market placed cards nvidia as ever placed. You'd be much better of with a 6770 or a 7750 actually.
Be carefull with what fans you are going to stick inside that case and make sure they are right oriented as you may end up having bad airflow and getting a very loud and anoying noise, not good for music for eg.

ckor10

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Im very thankful for your responses,Maybe i want to stick with this Mobo since this board is an Le version,it is not the best board in OCing according to what i have read in this forum.Narrowing down to i5 2500 would probably saves 100$,In to the RAM case, maybe this one is enough http://pcx.com.ph/components/memory/corsair-xms3-8gb-vengeance-z8gx3m2a1600c9-b-2x4.html,

In video card, i think amd radeon 6770 is an overkill for me,my current video card was NVIDIA Geforce 210 which probably doing the job well, but having some driver issue with DPC latency checker, finally is 500 watts of PSU would Fit for my future build .

ckor10

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

Tnx for response :pt1cable: , but i will not probably upgrading mine into a gaming Rig.
:kaola:

ckor10

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Hey this was my updated setup

Processor - Intel core I5 2500
Motherboard - Asus PZ68 V-LE
RAM - Kingston hyper x 8gb blu 1333(2x4)
Hard Drives - Seagate 7200RPM baraccuda(500 gb) will be adding 1 terrabyte same brand
Case - Cooler Master Elite 431 plus( trying to fill up to 3 to 4 fans)
PSU - Silverstone ST50F 500w
Graphics Card - PALiT GeForce® GT 430 1GB DDR3

I know its not a high end set up tnx guys,last question.do i need to extend my Psu up to 600w?

TRENDING THREADS