Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Buy now or wait til later?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 28, 2012 7:23:32 AM

Im in the market for a GPU right and wanna know if i should go ahead and buy a 6970 or wait for the new Nvidia cards, another thing if i do wait are there price ranges fpr the new cards coming out? only gonna have max of 400$$ to spend within the next few months.

More about : buy wait til

a c 109 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 7:48:54 AM

wait till feb.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 9:30:58 AM

The 6950 mat come within your budget when its out if not there will be a range of cards that are released through feb & march from both AMD & Nvidia
Score
0
Related resources
January 28, 2012 9:38:36 AM

simon12 said:
The 6950 mat come within your budget when its out if not there will be a range of cards that are released through feb & march from both AMD & Nvidia
you mean the 7950? is there any specific date/price/specs on that one?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 10:01:41 AM

Yes sorry 7950 it should come out on Tuesday performance should be not that far behind a 7970. Rumour is the price will be $450 but there should be a 1.5Gb one released maybe later for <$400 but its all rumour as far as I know. There is a rumour also that Nvidia will release a 660 that out performs a 7970 for $300 but I think the performance or price or both are most likely inaccurate.
Score
0
January 28, 2012 10:06:16 AM

simon12 said:
Yes sorry 7950 it should come out on Tuesday performance should be not that far behind a 7970. Rumour is the price will be $450 but there should be a 1.5Gb one released maybe later for <$400 but its all rumour as far as I know. There is a rumour also that Nvidia will release a 660 that out performs a 7970 for $300 but I think the performance or price or both are most likely inaccurate.
how close are the specs to a 6970?
Score
0
January 28, 2012 10:39:55 AM

FattyPatty said:
Im in the market for a GPU right and wanna know if i should go ahead and buy a 6970 or wait for the new Nvidia cards, another thing if i do wait are there price ranges fpr the new cards coming out? only gonna have max of 400$$ to spend within the next few months.



Im in the same boat. I got a tax return coming in a few days and Im ready to go. It's hard to hold back when the 6970 and a GTX570 are sitting right there waiting for me to swoop on em. My old 4890 isn't getting any faster (younger). LOL-
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 12:15:49 PM

FattyPatty said:
how close are the specs to a 6970?

The 7950 should smash the 6970 I would also guess it will lead to a price drop on the 6970
Score
0

Best solution

a c 84 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 12:48:56 PM

an hd 7950 will be more better then hd 6970 and hd 7950 launch date will be on 31st january 2012 its price will be $400 to 450 it will be more better option then hd 6970 because it has newer technology then the hd 6970 it can support more higher resolution then the hd 6970.:) 

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-hd-7950-hd-...
Share
January 28, 2012 8:01:15 PM

Best answer selected by FattyPatty.
Score
0
January 28, 2012 8:02:03 PM

Well, I will be buying after the launch of the 7950. I won't be getting rich until the 7th of Feb. I really did not want to go over like 350 dollars this time around which means if I want a 7950 I gotta redo my whole budget on this upgrade :D 

Do I need a card with 3GB of memory ? Heck no. Will I get one ? Im sure gonna try :D 
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 8:24:39 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!