Your question

PSU and case fans.

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 18, 2012 8:22:14 AM

I had a question. I wanted to consolidate 4 case fans into one, running into the PSU, but I don't know if it'll actually affect the RPMs of my fans. Does this idea make sense?
Will splitters and what not hurt my setup?

Would this work?

THanks.

In all, I have 4 case fans, not including my exhaust (rear) and CPU heat sink fan. I dunno if what I'm saying makes any sense, but I would like to just consolidate some of the cables. I figured I get all the intake fans into one.

More about : psu case fans

a c 87 ) Power supply
July 18, 2012 11:26:28 AM

It is perfectly fine to use that cable (or one like it) to connect up your case fans to the PSU.
m
l
July 18, 2012 6:24:00 PM

It wouldn't affect their speeds though right? The reason why I ask is because a lot of these fans now come w/ these 'adapters' that tone down the speed. I want to consolidate the cable, but not have it affect the speed.

I haven't bought my MOBO nor PSU unit, but what about the fan on the heatsink? I gather that fan is plugged into the MOBO for 'fan'?

So this cable should power ALL the CASE FANS, while I should use the mobo to power the HEAT SINK FAN?

thanks
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 8:29:41 AM

Unless it states that it provides a voltage less than 12V then it will not affect the speed of the fans connected to it; they will run at full speed.

Yes the fan on the CPU heatsink is usually connected to the motherboard, so that it's speed can be controlled according to how hot the CPU is.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 9:23:59 AM

Yes ^, I used one of those too.
m
l
!