traderxyz

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I had a question. I wanted to consolidate 4 case fans into one, running into the PSU, but I don't know if it'll actually affect the RPMs of my fans. Does this idea make sense?
Will splitters and what not hurt my setup?

Would this work?

600x450px-LL-c5d2e20d_cab-520.jpeg

THanks.

In all, I have 4 case fans, not including my exhaust (rear) and CPU heat sink fan. I dunno if what I'm saying makes any sense, but I would like to just consolidate some of the cables. I figured I get all the intake fans into one.

traderxyz

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
It wouldn't affect their speeds though right? The reason why I ask is because a lot of these fans now come w/ these 'adapters' that tone down the speed. I want to consolidate the cable, but not have it affect the speed.

I haven't bought my MOBO nor PSU unit, but what about the fan on the heatsink? I gather that fan is plugged into the MOBO for 'fan'?

So this cable should power ALL the CASE FANS, while I should use the mobo to power the HEAT SINK FAN?

thanks

Unless it states that it provides a voltage less than 12V then it will not affect the speed of the fans connected to it; they will run at full speed.

Yes the fan on the CPU heatsink is usually connected to the motherboard, so that it's speed can be controlled according to how hot the CPU is.