Computer stop working after i unlocked phenom ii x2 555 BE

rizkinof

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Nice to meet you guys :p

i wanna ask about my computer's problem.

i've unlocked my procie phenom ii x2 555BE to be phenom ii x4 B55 3,2ghz
yeah, i'm feel happy cause i got two free cores from amd :D
and then the problem is when i run my games for example pes 2012, after i played less than 5 minutes suddenly its stop working without any error messages or something like that.

Can you help me to solve this problem?
:(
What should i do?

my cpu specification:
Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2
MSI R6850 1gb 256bit
2x4Gb Vgen
VenomRx FerDeLance 700w
Hitachi 320Gb

gb777

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I unlocked the 4th core on my AMD Athlon X3 455 with my ASROCK mb and my computer wouldn't even post. Had to either pull the CMOS battery or set the bios reset jumper. Then I had to reset my CMOS settings. Tried to unlock the 4th core several ways and same thing happened each time. Was told here 4th core probably is bad and can't be unlocked. I apearantly got a CPU that the 4th core was locked out because it was bad, not because they needed 3 core processors.

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Whilst some cpus may be released with disabled cores to simply meet a demand it is also the case that some cores are disabled because they didn't make the grade:(

Does your unlocking function allow you switch on the extra cores individually? My brother had the same cpu that would hang pretty quick with all four cores but one of the extras seemed to work ok.

May be worth trying with a tiny bit more voltage if available, I'd personally don't like to go more than the slightest nudge though.

rizkinof

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012

Can you tell me the step to do that?
:D