Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dual Monitors Not Working

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Dual Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 28, 2012 11:41:28 AM

i have an asrock a55m-hvs mobo and a gt 240 pcie2 video card.
i have a 2nd moitor (tested working) and it wont show up.
i have main monitor plugged into video card and the 2nd one plugged into the mobo which claims the
slot is for dual monitor setup. i cant find anyoptions to enable this in the bios.

Any help? :cry: 

More about : dual monitors working

a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 12:08:00 PM

Boot your system. Press <F2> or <Del> to enter UEFI setup. Enter “Share
Memory” option to adjust the memory capability to [32MB], [64MB], [128MB],
[256MB] or [512MB] to enable the function of D-sub. Please make sure that
the value you select is less than the total capability of the system memory. If you
do not adjust the UEFI setup, the default value of “Share Memory”, [Auto], will
disable D-Sub function when the add-on VGA card is inserted to this
motherboard.

Basically you have to pick number i say 128MB will be plenty. If its on Auto it wont work.
m
0
l
January 28, 2012 12:27:15 PM

duxducis said:
Boot your system. Press <F2> or <Del> to enter UEFI setup. Enter “Share
Memory” option to adjust the memory capability to [32MB], [64MB], [128MB],
[256MB] or [512MB] to enable the function of D-sub. Please make sure that
the value you select is less than the total capability of the system memory. If you
do not adjust the UEFI setup, the default value of “Share Memory”, [Auto], will
disable D-Sub function when the add-on VGA card is inserted to this
motherboard.

Basically you have to pick number i say 128MB will be plenty. If its on Auto it wont work.


i cant find he share memory option

it looks similar to this one:
http://www.google.com/imgres?start=44&num=10&hl=en&biw=...




http://www.google.com/imgres?start=94&num=10&hl=en&biw=...
m
0
l
Related resources
January 28, 2012 12:30:55 PM

You have to plug both monitors into the Gt 240. You can't use the VGA that's on your motherboard when there is a graphics card installed.
m
0
l
January 28, 2012 12:38:23 PM

math1337 said:
You have to plug both monitors into the Gt 240. You can't use the VGA that's on your motherboard when there is a graphics card installed.


then whats that slot on the back for? its not for primary graphics u need a video card with this mother board.
its says it for dual monitors
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 12:42:11 PM

look under advanced then North Bridge Configuration you find Share memory pick how much you want to share 128MB for example to make it work.

Auto = if there no other video card installed it enables on-board video
Auto also = if you install video card it will disable on-board video
so you must pick number to force enable onboard video together with your other video card.
m
0
l
January 28, 2012 12:48:38 PM

duxducis said:
look under advanced then North Bridge Configuration you find Share memory pick how much you want to share 128MB for example to make it work


under that all it has is Primary Graphics adapter which can be set to pci express and pci.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 1:21:05 PM

1.20 11/8/2011 Windows® 2.64MB probably be easiest for you

click on red cross (next to the file you going to download) and read instructions carefully
How to
Update
m
0
l
January 28, 2012 1:55:05 PM

duxducis said:
1.20 11/8/2011 Windows® 2.64MB probably be easiest for you

click on red cross (next to the file you going to download) and read instructions carefully
How to
Update


i did that and still nothing.

installed, asked to restart, loaded default settings. save and restart and still no option :cry: 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 2:15:30 PM

hmm i don't know now, your motherboard supports it. I have same chipset and my shows up. I read manual from your motherboard and it should be there and its possible. (its called surround view onboard+installed video card is part of your motherboard)

the only idea i have left now is to remove your installed video card, boot computer using onboard, go bios and see if "share memory" option available. It should be, so set it to the number like 128MB save settings and restart. Shutdown, then reinstall the video card.

think its bugging out because it detects installed card
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 2:23:57 PM

This is steight from your motherboard instruction manual

Surround Display Feature
This motherboard supports surround display upgrade. With the internal VGA output
support (D-Sub and HDMI) and external add-on PCI Express VGA cards, you can
easily enjoy the bene ts of surround display feature.
Please refer to the following steps to set up a surround display environment:
1. Install the PCI Express VGA cards on PCIE2 slot. Please refer to page 16 for
proper expansion card installation procedures for details.
2. Connect D-Sub monitor cable to D-Sub port on the I/O panel, or connect
HDMI monitor cable to HDMI port on the I/O panel. Then connect other monitor
cables to the corresponding connectors of the add-on PCI Express VGA cards on
PCIE2 slot.
3. Boot your system. Press <F2> or <Del> to enter UEFI setup. Enter “Share
Memory” option to adjust the memory capability to [32MB], [64MB], [128MB],
[256MB] or [512MB] to enable the function of D-sub. Please make sure that
the value you select is less than the total capability of the system memory. If you
do not adjust the UEFI setup, the default value of “Share Memory”, [Auto], will
disable D-Sub function when the add-on VGA card is inserted to this
motherboard.
4. Install the onboard VGA driver and the add-on PCI Express VGA card driver to
your system. If you have installed the drivers already, there is no need to install
them again.
5. Set up a multi-monitor display.
m
0
l
January 28, 2012 2:54:48 PM

geez...
just plug it in in your gt 240 and you won't need all this trouble
m
0
l
a c 177 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 3:01:35 PM

^ LOL.
m
0
l
January 28, 2012 3:05:47 PM

_orbital_ said:
geez...
just plug it in in your gt 240 and you won't need all this trouble


the gt240 is fro main monitor and can only support 1

m
0
l
a c 177 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 3:07:41 PM

Wow, nice attitude.

Care to link your GT240 that can only support one monitor. I've never seen one that can do that. All GT240s I've ever seen support two.
m
0
l
January 28, 2012 3:16:11 PM

4745454b said:
Wow, nice attitude.

Care to link your GT240 that can only support one monitor. I've never seen one that can do that. All GT240s I've ever seen support two.


it only has one vga port and no im not buying and adapter
m
0
l
a c 177 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 3:19:33 PM

Good luck with the bios then. I hope you can figure out why its not working.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 10:51:02 PM

Now now, its not all the OP's fault, ignorance has a lot to do with it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 10:57:35 PM

The thread has been cleaned up. Let's keep it that way.
m
0
l
!