Sign in with
Your question

Not totally sure this is a Graphic card issue...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 28, 2012 12:53:15 PM

I recently reformated my computer. I installed everything back on and updated everything back to the most up to date (that I know of). Ever since then when I am looking at internet pages or something like that on my desktop I get lag when I do something, like open up a new internet page. The whole computer like stutters. Then its okay again...

This isn't across all programs, games and anything in the adobe suite works fine.

I use Google Chrome at the moment - and I am running a nVidia GeForce GTX560ti, not overclocked or underclocked, two displays running at 1650x1080 - drivers are up to date, never had any previous issues.

Could it be a hard drive issue? or a CPU issue?

Anyone got any idea's of how I can narrow it down?

Cheers.
a c 162 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 1:06:29 PM

Did you load the chipset driver?

Do you have flash player and java installed?
January 28, 2012 2:05:31 PM

I think I did, I got a CD with all the drivers on it, but how do I check?
Related resources
January 28, 2012 2:25:25 PM

Well I have narrowed it down to a problem with google chrome... I tried various other browsers and it works fine on all of them. Anyone know why this could be?
January 28, 2012 2:40:50 PM

Will172 said:
Well I have narrowed it down to a problem with google chrome... I tried various other browsers and it works fine on all of them. Anyone know why this could be?

Yeah i too have a particular chrome_setup.exe that behaved the same way. I downloaded another one and now it is OK.
January 28, 2012 3:15:30 PM

Because Its Chrome.... Go Firefox!!
January 28, 2012 10:05:57 PM

Yeah I have switched back across to firefox and all is well again!

Cheers
!