Solved

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus/EVO on a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM

Hey guys, I'm building a new rig soon for college and I'm wondering if the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus will fit in a
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 without blocking any RAM slots or otherwise interfering with any other parts. The parts I am buying are the


Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231460
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

Since I already have the G. Skill RAM, I was hoping that the fan wouldn't interfere with a RAM slot since I wanted to upgrade to 16 GB in a few months.

The other fan option is the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Thanks in advance.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler master hyper plus gigabyte 990fxa
  1. Just to clarify, what I'm asking is if anyone else has personal experience with this set up and not from others' reviews. Some say it blocks while others don't say anything about it or say there's a lot of CPU fan space.

    Thanks
  2. It wont block since the first two sticks of ram go into the slots farthest from the cpu.
    Its the same bd I have but I have the V6 cooler.
    Pick up an extra fan for the 212+ push/pull configuration.
  3. popatim said:
    It wont block since the first two sticks of ram go into the slots farthest from the cpu.
    Its the same bd I have but I have the V6 cooler.
    Pick up an extra fan for the 212+ push/pull configuration.

    So it will block the two closest? If so, would I still be able to dual channel using this motherboard? And can you clarify on this push/pull configuration? Would it allow me to use the other two slots?
    Also what kind of fan should I pick up? Just a normal 120mm case fan?
  4. Best answer
    It should be fine, you should raise the fan up just a bit. If you want to dual fan, it create a push/pull effect, but I believe one fan should be just fine. The fan takes 120mm fans. See below.

    http://www.cmstore-usa.com/hyper-212-evo-120mm-fan-oem-package/
  5. CM_USA said:
    It should be fine, you should raise the fan up just a bit. If you want to dual fan, it create a push/pull effect, but I believe one fan should be just fine. The fan takes 120mm fans. See below.

    http://www.cmstore-usa.com/hyper-212-evo-120mm-fan-oem-package/

    I looked at the push/pull method and I was wondering if the EVO came with an extra set of fan brackets or would I have to buy an extra set to install a second fan?
  6. liquid_ice said:
    I looked at the push/pull method and I was wondering if the EVO came with an extra set of fan brackets or would I have to buy an extra set to install a second fan?


    It does, yes.

    The two black brackets on the right side.

  7. Yes, confirming that the brackets are included in the accessory kit.
  8. I'm a little confused, in the image it only shows one set of two. Wouldn't you require 4 total brackets for 2 fans?

    Thanks
  9. liquid_ice said:
    I'm a little confused, in the image it only shows one set of two. Wouldn't you require 4 total brackets for 2 fans?

    Thanks


    Nope. The fan that it comes with is already attached with its own two brackets already attached to it.
  10. Best answer selected by liquid_ice.
  11. Thanks everyone, installed my parts last night with push/pull and everything seems to have gone great.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master RAM Gigabyte Components Product