Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need help Digital Storm AMD build

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 5, 2012 3:52:36 AM

okay so here are my specs so far

AMD Bulldozer FX-8150
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
600W Corsair CX600 V2
120GB Solid State Intel
AMD Radeon HD 7770

I want to use this rig for all the games that are out now. I want to be able to play everything at high settings BF3, Starcraft III, and Diablo 3.

I am ordering this system this week. What are ways I can save money on the GPU and I wont bottleneck my system?

Thanks again!
April 5, 2012 3:54:30 AM

What's the budget and what is your monitor resolution? Why have you chosen an AMD processor? At all price points, the Intel will be better for gaming and almost everything else.
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 3:56:25 AM

my budget so far is 1400 but I spent a little extra on the Case because its badass. As for AMD I am not sure what is my best choice. I have always gone with Intel but I want a change of pace. What is my best bet for AMD?

I am using a 27 inch monitor so that would be 1920-1080 resolution.

All of my friends have been using AMD for gaming and they love it they are all pointing me towards AMD. i think a change of pace would be good but I still want to game at max settings.

I switched the motherboard to a ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
m
0
l
Related resources
April 5, 2012 4:10:24 AM

People say intel is better overall if you have the money but amd is towards for budget builds. Just pointing that out most gamers prefer intel but if you get intel get an i5 2500k and overclock it
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 4:12:44 AM

There is no significant price difference between an AMD processor (+motherboard) at one level of gaming performance and an Intel at a higher level of gaming performance.
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 4:28:34 AM

robotdino304 said:
okay so here are my specs so far

AMD Bulldozer FX-8150
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
600W Corsair CX600 V2
120GB Solid State Intel
AMD Radeon HD 7770

I want to use this rig for all the games that are out now. I want to be able to play everything at high settings BF3, Starcraft III, and Diablo 3.

I am ordering this system this week. What are ways I can save money on the GPU and I wont bottleneck my system?

Thanks again!

YOUR GRAPHICS CARD it only runs bf3 at 30 fps at 1080p max thats bad consider an hd 6870 its much better and its the same price.
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 4:34:05 AM

robotdino304 said:
okay so here are my specs so far

AMD Bulldozer FX-8150
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
600W Corsair CX600 V2
120GB Solid State Intel
AMD Radeon HD 7770

I want to use this rig for all the games that are out now. I want to be able to play everything at high settings BF3, Starcraft III, and Diablo 3.

I am ordering this system this week. What are ways I can save money on the GPU and I wont bottleneck my system?

Thanks again!


by the way your getting a bad deal If i were you buy your computer from ironside computers, all i hear about them is only good stuff just saying
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 5:02:12 AM

albinogoron said:
by the way your getting a bad deal If i were you buy your computer from ironside computers, all i hear about them is only good stuff just saying



Dude get out of these forums if you are gonna be spamming us trying to convince everyone to buy from ironside...
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 5:20:52 AM

robotdino304 said:
my budget so far is 1400 but I spent a little extra on the Case because its badass. As for AMD I am not sure what is my best choice. I have always gone with Intel but I want a change of pace. What is my best bet for AMD?

I am using a 27 inch monitor so that would be 1920-1080 resolution.

All of my friends have been using AMD for gaming and they love it they are all pointing me towards AMD. i think a change of pace would be good but I still want to game at max settings.

I switched the motherboard to a ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX


You won't notice the difference between an Intel and AMD setup in GPU limited games like Battlefield 3 but you definitely will when you play Starcraft II and other CPU limited games.

This is a terrible time to have a "change of pace". Intel destroys AMD at every price point at the moment. Theres no reason to get a lower performing system just because your friends have AMD.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
April 5, 2012 5:50:21 AM

You wont notice much if any difference between the FX 8150 and an intel i5 or i7 at 1080p resolution

But to play those games you at high image details you will need a much stronger graphics card . Usually budgets are important and since you should look at the 7870 or 7950 Radeons you may have to change the processor to the FX 6200 .
That will improve stock speed gaming performance slightly too
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 6:40:58 AM

ismaeljrp said:
Dude get out of these forums if you are gonna be spamming us trying to convince everyone to buy from ironside...


im not... I said I heard good things so no, as well for that price and his specs, im just recommending a better site and a better card.
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 6:43:46 AM

Karma 81 is right, if your getting into starcraft and Diablo 3 you should get intel, but if your only going to play battlefield which I doubt stick with amd. Anyways as well if you want to play high on battlefield 3 the 7770 is not a good choice. I recommend at least a 6870 if not a gtx 560 ti though they are older cards. 7770 is for extremly tight budgets not 1400 dollars.

Anyways you can look up benchmarks of battlefield 3 on this site.
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 8:57:30 AM

D3 and SC2 are going to run perfectly fine of either Intel or that AMD processor, both those games are not that heavy on cpu's

BF3 is heavy on GPU, but in large muitiplayer it can be quite heavy on a cpu

Either CPU is likely to run everything fine (maybe different Frame rates, but still easily playable on both).
your problem is the extremely weak Graphic's card
m
0
l
Anonymous
April 5, 2012 9:27:14 AM

albinogoron said:
Karma 81 is right, if your getting into starcraft and Diablo 3 you should get intel, but if your only going to play battlefield which I doubt stick with amd. Anyways as well if you want to play high on battlefield 3 the 7770 is not a good choice. I recommend at least a 6870 if not a gtx 560 ti though they are older cards. 7770 is for extremly tight budgets not 1400 dollars.

Anyways you can look up benchmarks of battlefield 3 on this site.


^ +1 ^

It's pretty well documented that Blizzard games run better on Intel and Nvidia hardware. If you have the budget (and for $1400, you do) get a i5 2500K and a GTX 560 ti and be happy. I like gigabyte boards personally, but ASUS are OK too (I personally feel ASUS boards feel a little flimsy, but they do their job.) Digital Storm does charge a heavy premium. You would save a lot of cash by building it yourself. Just saying. As far as BF3, I don't know. But seeing as how I run both AMD and Intel systems and I play WoW, SC2, and D3 (beta), the AMD system always seems slower while the Intel just runs as smooth as you please. Just my 2 cents.
m
0
l
!