Hp Laptop Cooling

hottsauce

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
:hello: I'm thinking of buying a laptop but I have a few questions.

1. How is the cooling of a HP laptop? Is it good or bad? Does it reach it's max temperature quickly when on full load?
2. What is the average temperature when idle, and when on full load?
3. Does it have better cooling than Acer Laptops?
4. While playing games, what temperature would I be expecting?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The HP has got a quad core, but the acer has slightly better graphics but not a big improvement, the HP has a bigger hard drive and apparently longer battery life and is a bit lighter than the acer, according to the specs, the HP is overall better for the price.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
That laptop is a new one, that won't reach the max temp, even when gaming.

The fan will go fast when gaming.

Depends what acer you are talking about, most newer laptops don't get that hot.

Gaming you should expect 60-70 oC, idle around 40-50 at least, just remember laptops are harder to cool than laptops.

hottsauce

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

hottsauce

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Oh, so which one should I get? I really want the Acer, but I'm not sure about the cooling. I want a laptop with good cooling because I play games often like TF2 and L4D2 for like an hour or so, so I want the laptop with better graphics, but wouldn't get it knowing it would last less than the other one.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
The HP has got a quad core, but the acer has slightly better graphics but not a big improvement, the HP has a bigger hard drive and apparently longer battery life and is a bit lighter than the acer, according to the specs, the HP is overall better for the price.

Solution