Budget system benchmarks

amantes

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Hello!
I'm running into trouble choosing a CPU and GPU for my new system. I've almost settled on an i3-2120 and GF 550ti, but I can't find any benchmark charts that put them together. I don't understand why every review of a "budget" component has to use a high-end test system. Pairing an i3 with a GTX 580 or a 550ti with an overclocked i7 defeats the purpose for me. I'm trying to build a moderate gaming system that can run Skyrim smoothly on at least high details.

Without benchmark charts available (it appears there are none), an option may be to (I cringe to say this) read reviews (argh, I said it) on retail sites of the 550ti and see what those owners who play skyrim have to say - may be a few in there with i3's bragging about their frame rates. Take those reviews for what they are since many are uninformed, opinionated and scary worthless. Once in a while though, there are useful reviews. I'm going to do a rant about that one of these days... I digress.

I doubt your going to be able to play on high with a 550ti.

I'm not sure what kind of benchmarks your hoping for. There are plenty of i3 benchmarks and plenty of gpu benchmarks on this site, what else could you possibly need?

amantes

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

That it does, but also costs significantly more. Is the performance gain worth the price?

amantes

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Both of those sound like great deals, but unfortunately I'm not from the US, so I would need a european equivalent of those shops. And hardware is sadly a lot more expensive in europe :/