Sign in with
Your question

Laptops shuts down unexpectedly

Last response: in Components
July 18, 2012 4:35:04 PM

Hello, sorry if this is a repeat, but I did search for some answers and none of them seemed to exactly match my problem. Anyways, my laptop shuts down everytime it is running off my battery, and not at all when I have it plugged in. When it is on the battery, it will shut down either after a couple minutes or within an hour or two. To me, it sounds like I have to replace the battery, but I don't know if it is something other than that or not. I have Windows 7 with 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, and intel !3 processor. Thanks.
July 18, 2012 7:04:41 PM

yes, it does sound like a battery problem but just to be sure

1.) What is the make and model of the laptop?
2.)Do you see the battery level going down? or does it stay at 1 level then shut off?
3.) Does it say "resuming windows" when you're starting it back up?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 249 D Laptop
July 18, 2012 7:30:41 PM

Hi :) 

New battery time....and I own a lappy repair company....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
July 30, 2012 2:00:53 PM

Komomu said:
yes, it does sound like a battery problem but just to be sure

1.) What is the make and model of the laptop?
2.)Do you see the battery level going down? or does it stay at 1 level then shut off?
3.) Does it say "resuming windows" when you're starting it back up?

The make is Asus and the model is U52F-BBL5. When it is running off the battery, with no AC power, it doesn't stay on long enough to notice any change in the battery level indicator. It doesn't say resuming windows, but it does go to the black screen where is says that the computer was shut down unexpectedly, and has the options to start normally, or in the three different safe modes.

If it is time to get a new battery, would doing so fix this issue? Thanks.
m
l
!