New firmware Nokia 6600

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

Following information I found on a Nokia 6600-forum:

Changes/improvements made from MCU SW 3.42.1 to 4.09.1

- Call and network management:
- Single connection tone during MO call

- GPRS:
- GPRS/PDP Context indicator
- GPRS PDP context performance improved in cell reselection
-
SMS:
- Character set issues:
- Special characters encoded in Unicode instead of ASCII
- Czech special signs
- SMS sending via GPRS
- SMS reading form SIM card

- MMS:
- Presentation improvements for messages sent from other vendor terminals
( messages sent from e.g. GX10i, T68i, GD-87, myX-6, P900 )
- Forwarding MMS when using content id's in SMIL
- Improved MMS ACK response handling

- E-mail:
- SMTP AUTH over TLS/SSL feature is supported
- Improvements email sent using POP3

- Browser:
- Xhtml content is optimised with small screen
- Improvements to handling Chinese contents
- Increased URL maximum length
- Interoperability with servers improved
- Improvements in form handling
- Resume browsing after received MMS
- Browser input field "Go to web address" with special character
- SIS -file download
- Options in the browser are grouped under submenus
- Improvements for browser stability

- Streaming:
- Support for multiple VOPs per RTP packet
- Streaming performance improvements
- MA Client Provisioning:
- SMTP AUTH over a TLS/SSL feature is supported
- Improvements email sent using POP3

- JAVA:
- Certificated Java installation
- Support midlets with Chinese characters in the JAD
- Java download handling improved

- SIM:
- SAT refresh functionality improvements
- Dual-line SIM card
- Enter MSTK menu after call attempt when FDN on
- Voicemail spool fix
- Voice commands

- Bluetooth/IRDA:
- Improvements for IRDA connection

- Languages:
- Arabic and Hebrew variants available
- To: field default mode changed to numeric in SMS and MMS
- Improvements to Phonebook entry handling
- Operator menu-feature introduced
- Binary compatibility break in HTTP framework removed (enables 3rd party
applications (developed with SDK2.0) using HTTP via proxy to work)
- User memory area (C drive) corrupting itself sometimes after format ( 2nd
boot: "Contact retailer" )
- The Browser Application name and Help text update in Swedish and Ukrainian
languages
- IMEI SV number changed to "06"

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware:

---
More about firmware nokia 6600
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

    "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    > Following information I found on a Nokia 6600-forum:
    >
    > Changes/improvements made from MCU SW 3.42.1 to 4.09.1

    Nog steeds niet verkrijgbaar in NL.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

    I just phoned the Nokia Service Point in Raamsdonkveer and there it's
    available!

    --

    "Alex" <gaweg@metspam.nl> schreef in bericht
    > "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    > > Following information I found on a Nokia 6600-forum:
    > >
    > > Changes/improvements made from MCU SW 3.42.1 to 4.09.1
    >
    > Nog steeds niet verkrijgbaar in NL.

    ---
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

    > I just phoned the Nokia Service Point in Raamsdonkveer and there it's
    > available!

    Onthou wel dat al je betaalde apps amper meer werken. 1 voordeel. ETI
    camcorder werkt nu met geluid.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

    Not in australia yet unfortunatly .. well, at least, not at my local nokia
    care center .. rang to arrange to get it done, go thru the process, right at
    the end, i ask what theyr latest version is (up till then i've just been
    saying "updating my phone to latest version of f/w"), and its the same vers
    im runnign now .. shame ..

> [...]
    >
    > - SIM:
    > - SAT refresh functionality improvements
    > - Dual-line SIM card
    > - Enter MSTK menu after call attempt when FDN on
    > - Voicemail spool fix
    > - Voice commands
    >
    > - Bluetooth/IRDA:
    > - Improvements for IRDA connection
    >
    > - Languages:
    > - Arabic and Hebrew variants available
    > - To: field default mode changed to numeric in SMS and MMS
    > - Improvements to Phonebook entry handling
    > - Operator menu-feature introduced
    > - Binary compatibility break in HTTP framework removed (enables 3rd party
    > applications (developed with SDK2.0) using HTTP via proxy to work)
    > - User memory area (C drive) corrupting itself sometimes after format (
    2nd
    > boot: "Contact retailer" )
    > - The Browser Application name and Help text update in Swedish and

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

    "Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> schreef in bericht
    > Not in australia yet unfortunatly .. well, at least, not at my local nokia
    > care center .. rang to arrange to get it done, go thru the process, right
    at
    > the end, i ask what theyr latest version is (up till then i've just been
    > saying "updating my phone to latest version of f/w"), and its the same
    vers
    > im runnign now .. shame ..

    I had exactly the same experience in The Netherlands last week :-(

    where is this forum info available from, do you have a url,

    thanks
    craig

    I don't have the URL anymore, sorry ...

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:
    Nokia 6600 -> v3.42.1 (v4.09.1 available in NL)

    "god" <devil@heaven.com> schreef in bericht
    > where is this forum info available from, do you have a url,
    >
    > thanks
    > craig

    ---

    I found it:

    http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21987

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:
    Nokia 6600 -> v3.42.1 (v4.09.1 available in NL)

    > "god" <devil@heaven.com> schreef in bericht
    > > where is this forum info available from, do you have a url,
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > craig
    > >

    > ---

    ---

    thanks Henk

    craig

    > I found it:
    >
    > http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21987
    >
    > --
    > Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    > My firmware:
    > Nokia 6600 -> v3.42.1 (v4.09.1 available in NL)
    >

    > > "god" <devil@heaven.com> schreef in bericht
    > > > where is this forum info available from, do you have a url,
    > > >
    > > > thanks
    > > > craig
    > > >

    > > ---
    > >

    > ---

    QUOTE
    "but also does some stupid things as in LOCKING the bluetooth and infrared
    for sending sis/jar/awb and midi files from your 6600 to another phone/or pc
    "

    - Is this thru ?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

    Howdy folks

    > > Not in australia yet unfortunatly .. well, at least, not at my local
    nokia
    > > care center .. rang to arrange to get it done, go thru the process,
    right
    > at
    > > the end, i ask what theyr latest version is (up till then i've just been
    > > saying "updating my phone to latest version of f/w"), and its the same
    > vers
    > > im runnign now .. shame ..
    > >

    > I had exactly the same experience in The Netherlands last week :-(

    How does one update his/her 6600? Do you have to go to some place and have
    it done? And pay for it? How much? Or can one do this him/herself?

    CU Mathy van Nisselroy
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,nl.telecom (More info?)

    Music Shop Landgraaf <landgraaf.musicshop@hccnet.nl> wrote:

    >How does one update his/her 6600? Do you have to go to some place and have
    >it done?

    Yes, you go to a Club Nokia Service Point (cen be found on www.nokia.nl) and
    have them do it.

    >And pay for it?

    When tht phone is within the warranty period (should be for a 6600), it's
    free if you have software problems. So if you want an update and don't have
    problems, look up current ones and claim you have them.

    >Or can one do this him/herself?

    No. For DCT3 phones (the 3410 is the last of the DCT3 series) you could do
    it yourself, but the DCT4 series require one to recalculate some kind of
    hash function together with the IMEI number. This isn't cracked (yet?).

    --
    ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
    johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

Nokia