xunleashed

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Specs are in my sig, but here is my dilemma:

After installing my new build, I reinstalled Windows, all my programs and games. However, when I load some games (Dirt 3, BF3, Skyrim) it won't load all the way through and I will experience SEVERE slowdown to a point where I can do anything except hard-restart.

Fifa 12 will take multiple times of me going into Origin and clicking "play" in order for it work.

I have checked all my connections and ran an anti-virus program to no avail. I did change some of the startup settings in "MSconfig" but I don't think that would affect anything. It is ONLY games that are affected.

Possibly heat with the CPU. I have it OC'ed but have an aftermarket cooler.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or am I going to have to reinstall windows?
---
Intel i5-2500k @ 4.0 ghz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM | Sapphire Radeon 6970 | ASRock Z77 Pro | CM - Hyper 212 | OCZ 700W PSU | CM - Scout | 24'' LCD 1080p | 5.1 SS

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
After a new install of Win7, all of the updates, and tons of new programs, I always clean the system of registry errors and other resource wasting crap with CCleaner. Do the Clean and Registry both. You may want to run it a couple times. That will at least determine if the problem is related to those issues.

And check your System Config to see what you can disable that may be conflicting with your gaming. I normally only have a half dozen or so items checked.

xunleashed

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

I am looking around for the bios update for the z77 chipset but can't seem to find it on the site (I am confused by all of the downloads on there). Just download all of those? I installed drivers from the CD, but I think these are updated ones? No?

Edit:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Pro4/?cat=Download&o=Win764

Anyone care to help?

xunleashed

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

I have to check when I get home, but I can use the Windows executable to download it, whether it is 1.30 or 1.40.

And just follow the instructions on the site?

xunleashed

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

Thanks. I will test all of my games and see what happens after the update. So far it is just BF3 and Dirt3, even though Battlefield worked at one point and stopped working.

All my other games, Arma2, ME3, New Vegas, Fifa 13 all work without a hitch. As well, everything else works with the OS.

So not sure if this does not solve it.

xunleashed

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

Yea I reinstalled both Steam and Origin, to no avail.

xunleashed

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE

I was able to get into task manager while trying to load BF3 and apparently a program was causing the CPU and RAM usage to skyrocket to 100% in use. I had this "EKag20nt.exe" program running over 1,000 times.

THAT was the culprit, a reason for the slowdown and crashing. I located it on my computer, in some "lucidxtechnology" folder and uninstalled it. The program comes with the motherboard I believe, so it was corrupted the games somehow.

All games working fine right now. Thanks everyone for your help.