UC2 Jams!

The game is fast and fun. It looks good and plays well. The game is very
deep as far as matching up characters, maps, players, and weapons balance.
It is very 'acrobatic' in some levels.

Adrenaline is now 'on-screen' and consists of 6 power up types. 4 are
different per each character, 2 are shared by all: speed and nimble.

The single player is not worth the $50, but live players watch out ... this
game is good.

Most gaming web sites are averaging 9/10 and I agree. It is addicting with
very deep game play, visually and aurally polished, and a real good time.
It gets your heart racing.

"Gene Simmons" <bribrew@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> The game is fast and fun. It looks good and plays well. The game is very
> deep as far as matching up characters, maps, players, and weapons balance.
> It is very 'acrobatic' in some levels.
>
> Adrenaline is now 'on-screen' and consists of 6 power up types. 4 are
> different per each character, 2 are shared by all: speed and nimble.
>
> The single player is not worth the $50, but live players watch out ...
> this game is good.
>
> Most gaming web sites are averaging 9/10 and I agree. It is addicting
> with very deep game play, visually and aurally polished, and a real good
> time. It gets your heart racing.

Only if you have nimble fingers and can figure out all the different combos
that they were too lazy to print in the manual. I read all the rave reviews
and fell into the trap of buying it. I find the game quite annoying so far,
and quite frankly a waste of $50. I will play a little bit more and see if
my mood changes. But if not, it'll be eBay'd in a heartbeat.

theone

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> "Gene Simmons" <bribrew@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
>>The game is fast and fun. It looks good and plays well. The game is very
>>deep as far as matching up characters, maps, players, and weapons balance.
>>It is very 'acrobatic' in some levels.
>>
>>Adrenaline is now 'on-screen' and consists of 6 power up types. 4 are
>>different per each character, 2 are shared by all: speed and nimble.
>>
>>The single player is not worth the $50, but live players watch out ...
>>this game is good.
>>
>>Most gaming web sites are averaging 9/10 and I agree. It is addicting
>>with very deep game play, visually and aurally polished, and a real good
>>time. It gets your heart racing.
>>

> Only if you have nimble fingers and can figure out all the different combos
> that they were too lazy to print in the manual. I read all the rave reviews
> and fell into the trap of buying it. I find the game quite annoying so far,
> and quite frankly a waste of $50. I will play a little bit more and see if
> my mood changes. But if not, it'll be eBay'd in a heartbeat.

I don't blame ya. I don't think that is the kinda game I could ever dig
on the box. Should be a hot ticket on ebay.

.. <veGdnXixY6vMwPHfRVn-1A@comcast.com>, % .

> "Gene Simmons" <bribrew@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > The game is fast and fun. It looks good and plays well. The game is very
> > deep as far as matching up characters, maps, players, and weapons balance.
> > It is very 'acrobatic' in some levels.
> >
> > Adrenaline is now 'on-screen' and consists of 6 power up types. 4 are
> > different per each character, 2 are shared by all: speed and nimble.
> >
> > The single player is not worth the $50, but live players watch out ...
> > this game is good.
> >
> > Most gaming web sites are averaging 9/10 and I agree. It is addicting
> > with very deep game play, visually and aurally polished, and a real good
> > time. It gets your heart racing.
> >

> Only if you have nimble fingers and can figure out all the different combos
> that they were too lazy to print in the manual. I read all the rave reviews
> and fell into the trap of buying it. I find the game quite annoying so far,
> and quite frankly a waste of $50. I will play a little bit more and see if
> my mood changes. But if not, it'll be eBay'd in a heartbeat.

Yeah, it't ain't really as pick-up-and-play as I'd hoped.

Maybe I'm just lazy with having to learn heaps of combos.
--

Anusol and lip-salve. What a dreadful combination.

Rumblin' in 't 'Pit with Ph33lin Phrisky

I don't know any combos either, but those are only for fatalities. They are
not necessary. There are no fighting combos.

It's hold down right trigger with your melee weapon. No combos.

The game is not pick up and play, but it is not as hard as you seem to think
either. I am an old guy (36) ... trust me.

Give it another chance and do the training. The acrobatics are essential
and are only one button with a joy stick. Worry about Coup De Grace later.

The game is infinitely deep. Once you figure this out ... no button
mashing.

>I don't know any combos either, but those are only for fatalities. They
>are not necessary. There are no fighting combos.
>
> It's hold down right trigger with your melee weapon. No combos.
>
> The game is not pick up and play, but it is not as hard as you seem to
> think either. I am an old guy (36) ... trust me.
>
> Give it another chance and do the training. The acrobatics are essential
> and are only one button with a joy stick. Worry about Coup De Grace
> later.
>
> The game is infinitely deep. Once you figure this out ... no button
> mashing.

Well, page 6 of the manual at the bottom says:

"Note: More weapon combos can be found through experimentation. Try to
master them all!"

And on top of that, during training they show you how to "finish off" a
player. You have to hit:

X, Y, Left Trigger, Up, Right -- all in about 1 second flat.

So IMHO not so super easy to do a cool "finishing off a guy." I went online
and got my ass handed to me repeatedly without barely able to get a couple
shots off. So I find knowing the combos to be essential. I don't know very
many people that I can "practice" with, other than against, the PC. But in
my experience I have found that even though you master the PC, online can be
ten times that much more difficult.

Oh well.