dragon7786

Honorable
May 10, 2012
So i have built my computer about a month ago with a Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Processor. For the first month everything seemed to be working fine i was running a game called Minecraft and it didnt give me any problems. Since then i have wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the OS. After installing everything over again i started playing minecraft and i get an error on Norton performance warning saying "High CPU usage by: Java (TM) Platform SE binary, 100% of at least one CPU." I dont know what to think or do about this.... Any help?!?!?!?

Solution
Actually this is a really simple message from Norton.

Whenever I reformat my drive and reinstall my virus software (norton in this case), it always resets my settings so I always get alerted about HDD usage, CPU usage, and Memory usage.

If that message pops up again, just click on "Don't alert for this file anymore" and you should be fine.

Also, since I don't think you're overclocking, you shouldn't be worried about temperatures. Considering your CPU is only a month old, I doubt your heatsink would be filled with dust and/or your thermal compound drying up :)
I would go into your bios and check the temp of your CPU and download something like coretemp and run it to see the temp of your cpu at normal and then under load like playing minecraft. Are you using the stock cooler or a 3rd party cooler, if so which one?

Actually this is a really simple message from Norton.

Whenever I reformat my drive and reinstall my virus software (norton in this case), it always resets my settings so I always get alerted about HDD usage, CPU usage, and Memory usage.

If that message pops up again, just click on "Don't alert for this file anymore" and you should be fine.

Also, since I don't think you're overclocking, you shouldn't be worried about temperatures. Considering your CPU is only a month old, I doubt your heatsink would be filled with dust and/or your thermal compound drying up :)

Solution

dragon7786

Honorable
May 10, 2012
As for Avenseth12, I am using the stock cooler. The temp of my cpu is usually around 36 degrees celcius.

As For Mocchan, i am not overclocking and the alert just came up as i was reading your post so i clicked the dont alert me button

I was just unsure if this was something to be worried about

Ahh :) you have nothing to worry about then.