DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL!!

WolfXll

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
At few mins ago i started my computer (that was on sleep mode) and a blue screen appeared... one of the texts there was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ... i already had a blue screen last year and found the problem,was one memory bar that was corrupted...
BUt i am now running memtest and so far all good with RAM.... what can this be?

WolfXll

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

I follow the same steps.... Pc sleeping n turned on and this time the blue screen didnt show up... But this doesn't mean that cant appear again...
Ram are ok i checked with memtest... hdd seems ok too,and about something that i did today,like software instaled....humm... just exchanged Microsoft Security Essential for Avast 7 Free!

seamus_ar

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
Usually you see that in association with failing hardware.

I've seen it several times with bad memory and once with a hard drive that was starting to go.

Note on testing your memory: to actually know your memory is good, you need to let the scan run at least overnight. The reason is some errors only manifest after the memory gets hot.

Best of luck to you!

WolfXll

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

I made another test and found the problem...
When i left the pc on "sleep" i put the avast scanning.... right now i did the same to see what gives,and a blue screen appeared! xD
Dunno whats the problem,but was something about avast running and left the pc slept after... maybe give some black out/error...