Need case fan suggestions for Cooler Master HAF 912

g-unit1111

Titan
Specifically I'm looking to replace my top 200mm fan which is extremely noisy and possibly the 120mm CPU fan for my Hyper 212 - does anyone have any good suggestions? I know Noctua doesn't make any 200mm fans or that would be my top choice.

masseybe84

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Be careful shopping for 200mm fans. A lot don't fit different brand cases. You might want to think about moving the 200mm fan to the front and get a couple of 120mm fans for the top. My wife's HAF912 has a 200mm in the front and the stock fan in the back. I can't hear the thing. It has no problems keeping a Gigabyte Windforce 6850 and overclocked Phenom IIx4 955 cool. And yeah newegg's selection of fans is a little underwhelming. I don't think I'd put a sleeve bearing fan in a horizontal position. I'm under the impression that they run a bit louder with more wear and tear when placed so.
Edit: Forgot to say my place to buy computer fans is SVC.com. They've got everything from logisys to Delta. No Sanyos but they are kinda hard to find anyways.

g-unit1111

Titan

No - it's one I salvaged out of an old build - I had a replacement Corsair fan and I know they're notorious for including cheap fans with their products and it definitely shows. The HAF 912 has a top vent that can support a 200mm fan or a 2 x 120mm liquid radiator (eg Corsair H100) but it doesn't come with one.

I'll check that out.

Get a Noctua or Scythe for the 120mm.

That's for a different system - I really like my EVGA cooler but the stock fan it includes is rather noisy when I'm using my PC in anything but idle.