Antec 300 or Asgard pro-w

Hello!! Guys
I'm on a tight budget and I want you guys opinion on which case is better overall
1.Antec 300(Rs:5300)
2.Asgard Pro-w (Rs:4000)
http://www.iamextreme.net/product.php?ProductId=222

The Asgard is 1300Rs cheaper and has better features and cable management than antec 300 and but the antec has better cooling. So if I add more fans in the Asgard pro-w will it give me equal if not better cooling than the antec 300.

I live in Pakistan and its gets hot here in summer with room temperature around mid 30's so cooling is a bit of a concern for me.
14 answers Last reply
More about antec asgard
  1. I would go with the Asgard Pro-w as you can add fans to the case if needed , there are places in the top to add fans and you could even cut one into the window. The adding of fans would improve the air flow and make it as good if not better than the Antec case.
  2. inzone said:
    I would go with the Asgard Pro-w as you can add fans to the case if needed , there are places in the top to add fans and you could even cut one into the window. The adding of fans would improve the air flow and make it as good if not better than the Antec case.


    Thnx for reply,
    So what should be the fan setup for best airflow for the Asgard pro-w.
    Should i use 120mm fans for front and top vents or 140mm ?
    Will 140mm fans give me significantly better airflow than 120mm ?
  3. Yes not only do i prefer the look of the asgard, but as stated above with a few filters and extra 120mm fans this would be a better cooled case.
  4. I wouls use a 140mm for the top and the 120 for the front and rear or you can put a 140 in the front as well if if fits. As long as you have fans blowing n and fans blowing out you will have good air flow. The thing you don't want to have is a single fan blowing out in the rear , that does not give good air flow.
  5. Ok I'll go for the Asgard pro-w but before that i need to confirm two things
    1. Can an aftermarket cooler like hyper 212 evo fit in this case ?
    2. Are the expansion slot covers removable or not ?
  6. CASE- Dimensions: (W) 200 x (H) 445 x (D)470 mm

    Heat Sink Dimensions 116 x 51 x 159 mm (4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 inch)

    So yes on that one

    And yes for the expansion slot covers being removable.
  7. They should be and the after market cooler will fit in that case.
  8. Ok thnx
    I made a mistake in my second question :D
    I meant to say replaceable instead of removable

    So are the expansion slot replaceable or not ??
    their are no proper reviews on this case otherwise there was no need to ask this question
  9. Can you explain a little bit on what you mean by the expansion slots being repalceable?
  10. inzone said:
    Can you explain a little bit on what you mean by the expansion slots being repalceable?



    I want to know whether the Asgard pro has breakaway expansion plates or not ??

    Note: Breakaway expansion plates for expansion slots are not replaceable.Once you take those plates off you cant put them back.
  11. wapda11 said:
    I want to know whether the Asgard pro has breakaway expansion plates or not ??

    Note: Breakaway expansion plates for expansion slots are not replaceable.Once you take those plates off you cant put them back.

    Not a big deal either way. You can buy black or silver exp slot covers at Newegg pretty cheap. I sure wouldn't let that be a deciding issue.
  12. Ok thnx!! so far so good .
    But If you think there are other better alteratives at 50$ price range please do tell me.
  13. Corsair 300r
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Cooling Components