Antec 300 or Asgard pro-w

wapda11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Hello!! Guys
I'm on a tight budget and I want you guys opinion on which case is better overall
1.Antec 300(Rs:5300)
2.Asgard Pro-w (Rs:4000)
http://www.iamextreme.net/product.php?ProductId=222

The Asgard is 1300Rs cheaper and has better features and cable management than antec 300 and but the antec has better cooling. So if I add more fans in the Asgard pro-w will it give me equal if not better cooling than the antec 300.

I live in Pakistan and its gets hot here in summer with room temperature around mid 30's so cooling is a bit of a concern for me.

I would go with the Asgard Pro-w as you can add fans to the case if needed , there are places in the top to add fans and you could even cut one into the window. The adding of fans would improve the air flow and make it as good if not better than the Antec case.

wapda11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

Thnx for reply,
So what should be the fan setup for best airflow for the Asgard pro-w.
Should i use 120mm fans for front and top vents or 140mm ?
Will 140mm fans give me significantly better airflow than 120mm ?

I wouls use a 140mm for the top and the 120 for the front and rear or you can put a 140 in the front as well if if fits. As long as you have fans blowing n and fans blowing out you will have good air flow. The thing you don't want to have is a single fan blowing out in the rear , that does not give good air flow.

wapda11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Ok I'll go for the Asgard pro-w but before that i need to confirm two things
1. Can an aftermarket cooler like hyper 212 evo fit in this case ?
2. Are the expansion slot covers removable or not ?

wapda11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Ok thnx
I made a mistake in my second question :D
I meant to say replaceable instead of removable

So are the expansion slot replaceable or not ??
their are no proper reviews on this case otherwise there was no need to ask this question

wapda11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

I want to know whether the Asgard pro has breakaway expansion plates or not ??

Note: Breakaway expansion plates for expansion slots are not replaceable.Once you take those plates off you cant put them back.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Not a big deal either way. You can buy black or silver exp slot covers at Newegg pretty cheap. I sure wouldn't let that be a deciding issue.