Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a D3 build.

Last response: in Systems
April 5, 2012 6:50:09 PM

Looking for some help for a new system I want to build for Diablo 3.

Right now my system is:

Geforce GTX 560
Amd Phenom II x4 955 processor.
8.00 GB of Gskill Ram.

I want to go the intel route next and get an SSD and maybe run two Graphics cars or just get one big one. I'm guessing the Intel i5-2500 and Geforce 560 Ti in SLI mode are the best routes to go? Need help picking out a motherboard, memory, SSD that will be compatible with one another.. Probably wont overclock any.

Thanks for your help my last PC i got someone to help me build it on here and it works great!

More about : build

April 5, 2012 7:05:25 PM

You already have a system that'll run D3 just fine.

Yes the 2500k is an incredible CPU, and yes going SLI will boost FPS, but you might be quite surprised how just getting a second 560 right now will put a smile on your face for the next few years as long as you're not one of those "run on Ultra or go home" types.

You'd be looking at 1000$ to get an increase in performance that you might be a bit disappointed when you could just pay < 200$

Got a buddy who's got a glimpse of the beta (ok, he's played it /cry ) and his Q6600 + 4890 weren't that bad on 1080p, as long as you didn't go all out eye candy. Your X4 + 560 already beats that.
m
l
April 5, 2012 7:32:55 PM

yeah i have the beta.. It was just kinda choppy for some reason didnt know if it was my computer or what. Maybe ill just get another 560 and and somemore ram and ill probably be good to go..

I only have a 650 watt power supply.. this can run those two Graphics cards huh?
m
l
Related resources
April 5, 2012 8:50:16 PM

I have a 650w running a 965 and a 580gtx and my total system power (including 120hz alienware monitor) never goes over 450watts. I strongly suggest selling your 560 on ebay and upgrading if you really want more graphics. SLI is a bad idea especially if you can notice stuttering already. I've seen beta on my 580gtx and on HD3000 graphics. No difference in appearance, although my 580 obviously runs much higher fps (everything maxed on both). The FPS on the HD3000 (2500k)never dipped enough for it to be noticeable. You have something else going on if your 560 is causing fps problems. Probably not your graphics or processor, more than likely a virus, bad install, or the incredibly unreliable servers on d3 beta right now.
m
l
April 5, 2012 9:08:09 PM

williamlsu said:
yeah i have the beta.. It was just kinda choppy for some reason didnt know if it was my computer or what. Maybe ill just get another 560 and and somemore ram and ill probably be good to go..

I only have a 650 watt power supply.. this can run those two Graphics cards huh?

You don't need more ram, 8 GB is plenty for gaming. Diablo 3 has quite low system requirements for modern games. A 560 should be able to handle it with ease.
m
l
April 5, 2012 10:44:57 PM

Choppy-ness in D3 is not always the PC's performance at fault. As a D3 beta player somedays its network lag on there end, that causes the game play to feel choppy

Your system should be easily handling D3 as it stands right now
m
l
April 6, 2012 12:23:46 AM

When you say choppy-ness, are you talking about screen tearing? I have gone through a lot of different issues from patch to patch in D3 beta. One patch left my screen tearing like crazy even though my setup is beastly. I went into settings and unchecked anti aliasing I think and it was solid. Not that this is your case, but just a thought, keep in mind it's beta, and play with the settings before calling it a day for your comp
m
l
April 6, 2012 1:31:44 AM

yeah i think its screen tearing...
m
l
April 6, 2012 2:10:25 AM

Vsync
m
l
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 6, 2012 3:22:49 AM

Theres nothing wrong with that build, the Phenom II will do everything an i5 will do in terms of playability. (contrary to all those benchmarks sites like this one puts out) Anything above 30FPS is playable, and anything over 60FPS is completely unnoticeable since your monitor is limited to showing 60FPS. You have a pretty powerful video card, you don't need 2 of them, or a different one.

Theres something else going on with that system. Viruses, malware, outdated drivers etc or the game itself.
m
l
!