Sign in with
Your question

Sennheiser PC 360 works with this soundcard?

Last response: in Components
July 18, 2012 10:39:00 PM

Hey guys!

I am looking foreward to buying a Sennheiser PC 360 Headset. I heard that people reccomend to buy a good soundcard with it. Which soundcard is the best in combination with the Sennheiser PC 360 Headset?

http://www.amazon.de/Creative-SoundBlaster-Professional...

http://www.amazon.de/Creative-Blaster-Recon3D-interne-S...

or this one:

http://www.amazon.de/Creative-Blaster-Fatal1ty-Professi...

(not sure if the second and the third are the same) .

My budget is up to 100€ for the soundcard. I dont wanna spend all my money on a soundcard. The headset is pricy enough imo.

Regards!
July 19, 2012 8:53:13 AM

First I wanted to buy that very soundcard, but I discovered that it does not have a built in AMP :/  what do you think of the soundcards I listed above?
Related resources
July 19, 2012 9:08:57 AM

All the Creative cards you list are overpriced and underperforming.

Under 100€, your best options would be an Asus Xonar Dx (PCIe) or Xonar D1 (PCI).
Either will have massively better sound quality than ANY available Creative card and should have no issues driving your Sennheissers (a Dx can drive my AKG K701 just fine for comparison).
In the case that you need more juice for your cans, a Dedicated Amp would be the most cost effective option.
July 19, 2012 9:42:57 AM

Wow I didn't expect that! Thanks for that valuable tip! :)  Well, then I'll go for an ASUS PCI-Express x1 7.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR_DX/XD. I also read that the PC 360 G4ME wouldn't benefit from a built in AMP very much. Is this true?

thanks again for your advice!
July 19, 2012 9:46:06 AM

I have never owned a pair myself, but a quick look to Head-Fi leads me to believe they are quite easy to drive and would not benefit from an amp.
July 19, 2012 12:02:45 PM

No, both are the same item.
'Low Profile' is referring to the fact that it is a half height card and is suitable for small form factor computers.
July 19, 2012 12:15:47 PM

Wow this really is great news!! I order right now. I just read this review and I am truly speechless!!

"I am an audiophile with a high-end amplifier and surround system. As I found myself listening to more music from my computer rather than CD, I realized I should do something about the sound quality coming from my computer. It was fine, but somehow didn't measure up to the luxurous sound I had grown spoiled by. I tried switching to a digital optical connection, but was surprised to find that it made no difference. Perhaps the sound card actually matters?

After weeks of research, I decided the Xonar DX was the right fit. The specs are fantastic, almost as good as the top cards, but less than half the cost. I didn't want to shell out a fortune since I didn't know what a difference this would make. Oh, how foolish I have been.

The Xonar DX is sensational. The sound is so clean, with rich luscious base, and crisp shimmering highs. Once again I can hear all those details in the music, like fingers sliding on guitar strings, or a vocalist taking a breath. Yes, those sounds were there somewhere in my old sound card, but muddy and rendered clumsily, crammed into a narrow sound spectrum that could only pretend to convey the music I had missed for so long. With only a little adjustment of the Xonar equalizer, the DX has brought my music back to life! The sound image is clear and vibrant, with fantastic dynamic range and much better attack. I can hear each individual instrument, and the usual background "hiss" when I turn the volume up is nearly gone.

I would easily have spent far more money for this card. My only regret is having waited so long to realize how badly I needed it. If you listen to music on your computer and think your on-board sound is okay, take my advice and buy this card. You don't know how wrong you are."

thanks for the great support!
July 19, 2012 12:18:04 PM

Yeah, Asus' soundcards really do sound quite nice :) 
If you run into any other issues just drop a post!
July 19, 2012 12:41:12 PM

I hope those sennheiser pc360s are better than the pc350s. Although I never used them with a soundcard, I was terribly disappointed in their music reproduction. Game sounds were first rate, but listening to music through them was terrible, which surprised the heck out of me considering sennheisers rep.
July 19, 2012 2:16:53 PM

Oh yeah you are right :) 

!