  • Connection
  • Bluetooth
Last response: in Brands
April 14, 2004 8:06:16 PM

Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
menu.

More about : 6230 bluetooth problems

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 8:18:33 PM

"Simon Geary" <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect
> my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the
only
> way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
> Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
> menu.

I've had no such problems with mine. BT works fine transferring files both
ways and using pc suite
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 11:19:25 PM

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:06:16 +0100, "Simon Geary"
<simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
>my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
>way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
>Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
>menu.

I've had no major problems using mine to connect to both my PC
(through MSI dongle) and Siemens LOOX PDA and transfer files/sync with
Outlook.

There is an issue that it doesn't seem to send the 'standby'
command to my logitech BT headset leading to rapid battery depletion
on it though. I've seen similar problems reported with other new
Nokia phones, looks like they have a problem with their bluetooth
implementation in this regard.

Gav
April 15, 2004 2:01:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I can happily report that the 6230 works with my WinXP laptop using a Epox
BT dongle with Widcomm drivers and HP iPaq h5550 (PPC 2003) with Bluetooth
dialup profile without any problems. I also managed to configure 6230 to
sync information and transfer files with the Nokia PC Suite.

I wanted to report this because many have had problems with the Nokia 6230
and HP iPaq h1940 and h2110 models.

--
Tero Lehto
http://lehto.net/tero/

gavs_usenet@mungedup.swissonline.ch.invalid (Gav) wrote in message news:<407d8e2c.165377@news.swissonline.ch>...
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:06:16 +0100, "Simon Geary"
> <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
> >my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
> >way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
> >Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
> >menu.
>
> I've had no major problems using mine to connect to both my PC
> (through MSI dongle) and Siemens LOOX PDA and transfer files/sync with
> Outlook.
>
> There is an issue that it doesn't seem to send the 'standby'
> command to my logitech BT headset leading to rapid battery depletion
> on it though. I've seen similar problems reported with other new
> Nokia phones, looks like they have a problem with their bluetooth
> implementation in this regard.

Hi!

I have my 6230 for about 5 days now. I tried to connect it to my
Pocket Loox 600, but the both devices don't see eachother. If I try
the same via Infrared it doesn't work either.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

> Gav
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 10:49:51 PM

On 18 Apr 2004 09:56:25 -0700, c.herdeg@gmx.net (Chris Herdeg) wrote:

>gavs_usenet@mungedup.swissonline.ch.invalid (Gav) wrote in message news:<407d8e2c.165377@news.swissonline.ch>...
>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:06:16 +0100, "Simon Geary"
>> <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
>> >my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
>> >way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
>> >Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
>> >menu.
>>
>> I've had no major problems using mine to connect to both my PC
>> (through MSI dongle) and Siemens LOOX PDA and transfer files/sync with
>> Outlook.
>>
>> There is an issue that it doesn't seem to send the 'standby'
>> command to my logitech BT headset leading to rapid battery depletion
>> on it though. I've seen similar problems reported with other new
>> Nokia phones, looks like they have a problem with their bluetooth
>> implementation in this regard.
>>

>Hi!
>
>I have my 6230 for about 5 days now. I tried to connect it to my
>Pocket Loox 600, but the both devices don't see eachother. If I try
>the same via Infrared it doesn't work either.
>
>Anyone got a clue?

I use a LOOX 600 myself and the devices have no problems seeing
each other. Indeed, the LOOX with a good graphics viewer makes an
excellent device for displaying photos taken with the 6230 and
bluetoothed across.

Obviously, Pocket Plugfree has to be running on the LOOX for the
bluetooth to be active. Make sure you've set the LOOX to
discoverable ('My Device->My Settings -> Discovery' in plugfree) and
bluetooth in the 6230 is turned on.

You can browse the internal memory on the 6230 through the explorer
in plugfree, but not the MMC. However you can 'send' just about
anything from anywhere in the phone to the LOOX and it appears in 'My
Documents-> Inbox' (or wherever you set in plugfree).

Gav
!