6230 bluetooth problems

Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
menu.
5 answers Last reply
More about 6230 bluetooth problems

    "Simon Geary" <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect
    > my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the
    only
    > way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
    > Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
    > menu.

    I've had no such problems with mine. BT works fine transferring files both
    ways and using pc suite

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:06:16 +0100, "Simon Geary"
    <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
    >my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
    >way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
    >Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
    >menu.

    I've had no major problems using mine to connect to both my PC
    (through MSI dongle) and Siemens LOOX PDA and transfer files/sync with
    Outlook.

    There is an issue that it doesn't seem to send the 'standby'
    command to my logitech BT headset leading to rapid battery depletion
    on it though. I've seen similar problems reported with other new
    Nokia phones, looks like they have a problem with their bluetooth
    implementation in this regard.

    Gav
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

    I can happily report that the 6230 works with my WinXP laptop using a Epox
    BT dongle with Widcomm drivers and HP iPaq h5550 (PPC 2003) with Bluetooth
    dialup profile without any problems. I also managed to configure 6230 to
    sync information and transfer files with the Nokia PC Suite.

    I wanted to report this because many have had problems with the Nokia 6230
    and HP iPaq h1940 and h2110 models.

    --
    Tero Lehto
    http://lehto.net/tero/

    gavs_usenet@mungedup.swissonline.ch.invalid (Gav) wrote in message news:<407d8e2c.165377@news.swissonline.ch>...
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:06:16 +0100, "Simon Geary"
    > <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
    > >my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
    > >way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
    > >Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
    > >menu.
    >
    > I've had no major problems using mine to connect to both my PC
    > (through MSI dongle) and Siemens LOOX PDA and transfer files/sync with
    > Outlook.
    >
    > There is an issue that it doesn't seem to send the 'standby'
    > command to my logitech BT headset leading to rapid battery depletion
    > on it though. I've seen similar problems reported with other new
    > Nokia phones, looks like they have a problem with their bluetooth
    > implementation in this regard.

    Hi!

    I have my 6230 for about 5 days now. I tried to connect it to my
    Pocket Loox 600, but the both devices don't see eachother. If I try
    the same via Infrared it doesn't work either.

    Anyone got a clue?

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

    On 18 Apr 2004 09:56:25 -0700, c.herdeg@gmx.net (Chris Herdeg) wrote:

    >gavs_usenet@mungedup.swissonline.ch.invalid (Gav) wrote in message news:<407d8e2c.165377@news.swissonline.ch>...
    >> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:06:16 +0100, "Simon Geary"
    >> <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Has anyone managed to get bluetooth working on a 6230 yet? I can connect to
    >> >my laptop OK but the phone reboots itself during file transfers and the only
    >> >way I can discontinue the bluetooth connection is to reboot the phone.
    >> >Deleting connections does not work as they do not go away from the phone
    >> >menu.
    >>
    >> I've had no major problems using mine to connect to both my PC
    >> (through MSI dongle) and Siemens LOOX PDA and transfer files/sync with
    >> Outlook.
    >>
    >> There is an issue that it doesn't seem to send the 'standby'
    >> command to my logitech BT headset leading to rapid battery depletion
    >> on it though. I've seen similar problems reported with other new
    >> Nokia phones, looks like they have a problem with their bluetooth
    >> implementation in this regard.
    >>

    >Hi!
    >
    >I have my 6230 for about 5 days now. I tried to connect it to my
    >Pocket Loox 600, but the both devices don't see eachother. If I try
    >the same via Infrared it doesn't work either.
    >
    >Anyone got a clue?

    I use a LOOX 600 myself and the devices have no problems seeing
    each other. Indeed, the LOOX with a good graphics viewer makes an
    excellent device for displaying photos taken with the 6230 and
    bluetoothed across.

    Obviously, Pocket Plugfree has to be running on the LOOX for the
    bluetooth to be active. Make sure you've set the LOOX to
    discoverable ('My Device->My Settings -> Discovery' in plugfree) and
    bluetooth in the 6230 is turned on.

    You can browse the internal memory on the 6230 through the explorer
    in plugfree, but not the MMC. However you can 'send' just about
    anything from anywhere in the phone to the LOOX and it appears in 'My
    Documents-> Inbox' (or wherever you set in plugfree).

    Gav

Nokia Phones Connection Bluetooth