redrage

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
i've started getting artifacting in swtor after i leave my computer running for a few hours. whenever i turn it off after i'm done using i never notice it when i boot up the game, also if i do get artifacts and restart that tends to clear the problem but i was wondering if there was anyway i could stop it from happening altogether or if anyone else has encountered this problem.

My rig:
2500k at 4.6 GHz
ASRock Fatal1ty z68 mobo
Hyper 212 CPU fan
16 gb corsair veng 1600 mhz
Sapphire 7970 reference, OC'd to 1125mhz/1575mhz running between 55-65% fan speed at 30-40 degress under load(stock volts)
120 GB mushkin enhanced SSD
640 GB storage drive
Antec 900

redrage

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
I OC'd for BF3, a game a play a lot as well. When i noticed the artifacts i turned off the OC completely(in CCC) and ran SWTOR and it still had them. I had to shut down the comp and restart it for the artifacts to go away, which is fairly easily with my SSD but it'd be nice for it not to happen at all.

redrage

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Turned off OC for the day, restarted and ran it today at stock clocks. After leaving my comp on when i went to work, i came home and tried to boot SWTOR with the same artifacting i get when i leave the comp on for a few hours when it was overclocked, so i don't think it could be the OC, perhaps i have a bad card? Do drivers ever fix artifacting that occurs in games or is it usually a hardware issue?

TRENDING THREADS