BEST GAMING COMPUTER

ive always owned intal cpu and asus boards .i want to build the best gaming machine what you guys recommend as far as board and cpu .Should i try amd for a chaneg or stick to intel i was looking into the asus boards the rampage v extreme or maximums i don't know whats better there are so many .What is the best cpu board combp for gaming
8 answers Last reply
More about best gaming computer
  1. Best advice is to wait until next month with Ivy Bridge coming out and the full line up of Z77 motherboards. I would look at a i5 3570K to go with that.

On current availability I would say a ASUS P8Z68 V Pro Gen3 or a MSI Z68A GD80 with a i5 2500K

On the AMD front, if you accept the lesser per core performance and weaker IMC then the FX 8120 on a ASUS Crosshair V Formula is a consideration.
  2. Yea don't ever change from Intel, i will be getting ivy eventually..... first i have to get a NVIDIA Kepler card.... then i get ivy!....

I +1 to Sarinaide's comment
  3. so avoid I7 920 chip.i havea asus p6t7 deluxe with 6 gig ram 920 intel i7 and 4870 x2 card express pci 2 gig ram on board
  4. The i7 920 is getting on now, a better upgrade will to be to look at a 950/960 or better but the old i7's have reached the end. Performance wise the cannot mach sandy or ivy and in most instances match the lower priced Phenom II x 6 Thubans in performance.
  5. so we wait for ivy
  6. The best gaming rig you can build in few months time

intel i7 3930k
    asus rampage iv extreme
    corsair dominator 4x4 gb 1866mhz cas9 ddr3 ram
    2 x evga gtx 680 hydro copper 2 classified
    Crucial m4 128 gb ssd
    wd velociraptor 600gb x2 in raid 0
    3x seagate baracuda 3tb hdd
    Seasonic x-1050w 80+ platinum
    silverstone temjini tj 11

For cooling

xspc kit for asus rampage iv extreme and corsair dominator ram

coolance cpu block chrome

and icecool gtx 560 raditor

uber laning pump
  7. Hello.
    Here is a some facts why to wait Ivybridge.

It will destroy any CPU gaming rival.
    Full article: i7 3770K
  8. Memnarchon said:
    Hello.
    Here is a some facts why to wait Ivybridge.
    http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph5626/44758.png
    It will destroy any CPU gaming rival.
    Full article: i7 3770K

I would not say destroy but it will be the best CPU out there in terms of gaming.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Asus Gaming CPUs Systems