Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Corsair
  • Power
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
July 19, 2012 2:56:18 AM

I had just purchased a Corsair TX V2 850 Semi-Modular power supply off amazon. Being that it is only Semi modular, did i make a good buy?

I had in mind of using this power supply for quite some time and just wanted some opinions on the power supply if any one else has had experience with the TX series.

My main concern is that of the connectors that are modular on the supply go out dated if a new standard comes out? I may be over thinking things. Just hoping I had made a good purchase.

More about : corsair power supplys

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 3:11:47 AM

How much did u pay?

Read the review, it is just fine. Be happy with it : )

My Seasonic is only Semi modular and it works just fine.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon...
a b ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 3:12:25 AM

KitGuru says:

Performance is solid in all areas and we like the attention to detail. If you can live with a non modular design this is one of the best power supplies we have tested.
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2012 3:16:42 AM

I got it for around 125 off amazon.
But yeah I was just wondering if I would of been better of with an AX series from corsair being fully modular. I would but I didn't want to spend much more on a power supply.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 3:44:30 AM

Its great PSU and the price is right.

And that review just supports that.
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 3:45:54 AM

What's the point of it being fully-modular? You'll still have to use the 24 ATX and the 8 Pin CPU, and Sata of course.

Really, there's no difference in cable management between a modular and non modular PSU.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 3:48:27 AM

Right, it still would have to be plugged in : )
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 4:36:14 AM

amuffin said:
What's the point of it being fully-modular? You'll still have to use the 24 ATX and the 8 Pin CPU, and Sata of course.

Really, there's no difference in cable management between a modular and non modular PSU.

+1

unless you running a 1000w unit in a simple PC, you end of using most if not all of the cables
m
l
July 29, 2012 12:31:35 AM

Best answer selected by theolah12.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 29, 2012 2:03:47 AM

Good luck!
m
l
!