Status
Not open for further replies.

niz04

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
i am thinking to buy ati radeon hd 5670 512mb gddr5 it is good for gaming and if i buy from the seller will give me ati radeion hd 5670 or any asus , msi , xfx or gigabyte gpu if i buy any of it the features will be same and performance and price will same or not

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Okaaayyy, if I understand your query correctly. You're thinking of buying an HD5670 gpu and you want to know if it's good for gaming and which brand is the better. If this is correct, then, what games are you intending to play and at what resolution? It will be okay for some games, but if you're looking to play something like bf3 on max settings, then sorry, but it's not really very good by todays standards. It's a 12th level gpu, there are more powerful gpu's available. If you tell us your budget and what power supply is in your pc then we may be able to suggest some cards for you. As for brands, I personally prefer asus, but the brands you've listed are okay.

niz04

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
yes i want to play game like bf3 at 1900x1200 with 20fps and ati radeon 5670 come with oem edition or not or price will increase and what is the price of ati radeon hd 5670 512mb in india and you prefer asus please give the model number and price in india

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
It MAY play at that resolution at 20fps (that's prettly slow, 30fps is usually as low as people like to get) with all the graphics details turned down or off, AA, draw distance, etc. But I would say it's going to struggle at that resolution. As for an OEM version of the gpu, forget it, unless your name is Dell, Hewlett Packard, Samsung, or one of the many major pc manufacturers and buying a few thousand gpus per year you'll be buying a retail version like everyone else. As far as recommending a gpu goes, I would need to know the rest of your pc specs, in particular your psu (make and model). It does no good being recommended a gpu if you have a rubbish 250W psu, you won't be able to power it. As for prices in India, al I can say is it appears that you guys get charged alot more than the rest of the world, it seems most pc compnents cost 25-40% more in your country (do you guys get stung with a high import duty or something?) The last part I recommended to someone cost $140USD on Newegg, and in India the cost was $240USD.

niz04

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
yes you are right the cost is more in our country my psu is intec 400 wt my old is just *** i play at 11 fps nfs most wanted so 20 fps is awesome for me my processors is intel core i5 3570k , gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h mobo 4 gb ram

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Wow, 11fps, how do you stand it? As for your psu, intec? you don't mean Antec 400W do you? As for gpu's, do you have a preference for radeon? If you have no preference I would suggest you look at something like nvidia GTX560ti, but if you want to stick with radeon, then something like the HD6950 or HD7850. As I said, I like asus, but gigabyte cards are usually a little cheaper and theres nothing wrong with them. Sorry I can't help with the stores over there, I've only found one online store based in India, and it was horrible to navigate. But, I hope this helps, and good luck.

niz04

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
i can't stretch my budget and i have intex psu i mis spelled. i am not a pro gamer 720p res is all for me think i play most wanted in 800x600 with 11 fps i don't need 7970 or any high end gpu

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Ah, okay, intex, umm, I would seriously recommend you ditch that psu and get a better one, before you even think about adding a gpu. Look at seasonic or corsair or something similar. Cheap psu's needlessly risk your components, and what you have is a poc psu.

Edit: Sorry, I can't recommend a store in India, as the 3 stores I just looked at want my email address before they show the price and I don't feel like being spammed to death. But if you're really dead set on going down that route, the hd5670 will work in your system, I just can't say for how long or how good the results will be. And I really don't feel comfortable recommending anything while you have that psu, sorry. But good luck (I think you're going to need it)

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
A wise decision. I suggest you look at Seasonic (my 1st choice) or Corsair. Something like these ones.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151074
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

Edit: As for the gpu, I would suggest looking at the HD7750, its a bit better in performance and I believe it uses less power. That said, it will still struggle with demanding games like bf3 but will still deliver better frame rates than that 5670 you were looking at. As for brands, my order of preference would be asus, gigabyte, xfx, msi. But that's my opinion, others may disagree.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

The difference is the quality of the build, and a much more accruate and stable deliverence of power to your components on all rails. Just because that intex psu says it's 400W doesnt mean that that is what is delivered. A cheap power supply can easily burn out your expensive components. People often overlook the importance of a good psu, thinking to save money by getting cheap power supply only to have it blow their motherboard, gpu, or cpu. Do you think we spend money just for the sake of it? Why would we spend $100 more on a psu if we didn't need to? It's better to spend alittle more and get a decent psu, than find it's delievered too much power and burnt out a more expensive part. There are numerous articles here on Toms and other sites explaining why it's a good idea to buy quality components. Google is a wonderful thing, use it. However, the choice and risk is yours to take. By all means, stick with that psu and get that hd5670. Yes it will fit your system, yes it will power up and display an image. Is it suitable for games like bf3, no. Will it deliver acceptable frame rates, no. As for prices, I've already explained that the Indian stores I checked required my email address before revealing the price and I don't wish to sign up to a site I wont buy from. I'm in New Zealand, why would I buy from India? I have given you my advice to the best of my abilities, it's up to you to follow it or ignore it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.