Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bad Company 2 making computer shutdown

Last response: in Systems
April 5, 2012 11:32:24 PM

I got a 5770 and and AMD Athlon II, I play on medium graphics and have played on high before during the summer without air conditioning and I never had the computer shutdown on me. I updated punkbuster, but I still keep getting random shutdowns, sometimes I'll last 4 games, others 5 minutes. Its sporadic and random. Any help please?
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 6, 2012 3:29:20 AM

Need full specs of the system, including power supply wattage, brand and model Athlon II model, motherboard type, power supply age.

Smells like a power supply issue.
a c 91 B Homebuilt system
April 6, 2012 3:36:02 AM

nekulturny said:
Need full specs of the system, including power supply wattage, brand and model Athlon II model, motherboard type, power supply age.

Smells like a power supply issue.

It's most definitely a PSU issue - I had that same issue on my PC when I took it out of idle into playing games - it would shut down without notice. I eventually determined it was my PSU and I swapped it for a Corsair TX 750 - been problem free ever since.
Related resources
April 6, 2012 1:15:50 PM

Corsair TX 650, not even a year old
AMD Athlon II 445 3 core 3.1 ghz
ASUS M4A88TD

The whole rig isn't even a year old.

Best solution

a c 91 B Homebuilt system
April 6, 2012 7:21:36 PM

Delengowski said:
Corsair TX 650, not even a year old
AMD Athlon II 445 3 core 3.1 ghz
ASUS M4A88TD

The whole rig isn't even a year old.

Really? I'm surprised that a TX650 would be causing those problems - I'd say you should check all your connections to see if they're firmly in place and if that doesn't work you should contact Corsair - they're usually really good about providing replacements.
April 9, 2012 2:19:03 AM

Okay, I unplugged everything and redid all my wiring and now I'm running fine and not getting random shut downs, thanks. I am however getting a bios error for my cpu fan whenever I come out of sleep now though.
April 19, 2012 12:38:20 AM

Best answer selected by Delengowski.
!