Sign in with
Your question

Please check out my current parts for my build and let me know if it's

Last response: in Systems
April 6, 2012 12:16:44 AM

Please check out my current parts for my build and let me know if it's k...
Are all components fully compatible (I am pretty sure they r)
And do u have any revision recommendations....thanks guys.

CPU:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Motherboard:

Ram:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

PCU:

Graphics card: (preowned) sapphire hd 5570
Case: (preowned) Black PC case
HDD: (preowned) 320GB Western Digital HD SATA
DVD Player: (new) 1 LG DVD Player
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate
April 6, 2012 12:43:42 AM

I seriously suggest you go Intel, an i3 will give just as much if not more performance. But I digress. Your build is good. It should work perfectly. However, the mobo is mATX. It'll work, but get ATX. Bigger and more futureproof. Also, BioStar isn't that reliable. Get from:
MSI
ASUS
ASRock
Gigabyte

These companies are VERY reliable.
April 6, 2012 1:04:39 AM

Maybe change out that PSU for an Antec or Corsair variant.
Related resources
April 6, 2012 1:19:39 AM

mvee18 said:
Maybe change out that PSU for an Antec or Corsair variant.

i am extremely new at gathering parts to make a system, a few days ago i didn't even know what psu meant, what a motherboards function was, what the difference was between integrated graphics and a graphics card was, didn't know much anything about cores, had absolutely no idea how to gather parts to be compatible......so can u elaborate on "change out that PSU for an Antec or Corsair variant" and please explain why. Also maybe u could post a link of one that u think is best idea to get, thanks.
April 6, 2012 1:38:46 AM

obsama1 said:
I seriously suggest you go Intel, an i3 will give just as much if not more performance. But I digress. Your build is good. It should work perfectly. However, the mobo is mATX. It'll work, but get ATX. Bigger and more futureproof. Also, BioStar isn't that reliable. Get from:
MSI
ASUS
ASRock
Gigabyte

hi, but the intel i3 core is only 2 cores.....although it is prolly better quality....the i3 core does indeed have a a slightly higher ranking on cpubenchmark.net.....but i still feel that the quad core athlon will function at a slightly higher speed and prolly at lower depth than the i3 core....both are 3.1ghz, except athlon is 4 cores....i am on a tight budget....not really but i really really really don't want to spend money. But i think this is good choice.......As for the mobo, this one had top rating out of am3 motherboards on newegg.com, it only has 22 reviews but still 5 stars, so should that most likely suggest quality? And of the brands u named, could u post your mobo that u think would be best for my "am3" cpu....thanks. PS: i am selecting these parts and having someone put it together 4 me cause i don't know how and have never tried, one day i plan on learning how.
April 6, 2012 1:45:04 AM

obsama1 said:
MSI
ASUS
ASRock
Gigabyte

And my friend, u said to get ATX mobo instead of mATX.....the mobo i selected says it is ATX in the title so was that just a mistake by u? Please explain on that, and please give me link of what "am3" supporting mobo u think is overall best for around same price or a little more. Thanks a million.

REVISED (CANNOT SUBMIT NEW MESSAGE BECAUSE OF FLOODING???LOL) : ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i get it.....u meant micro atx, k....please still advice on your best selection,
!