Please check out my current parts for my build and let me know if it's

Please check out my current parts for my build and let me know if it's k...
Are all components fully compatible (I am pretty sure they r)
And do u have any revision recommendations....thanks guys.

CPU:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103885&Tpk=AMD%20Athlon%20II%20X4%20645%20Propus%203.1GHz

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138329

Ram:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

PCU:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171060

Graphics card: (preowned) sapphire hd 5570
Case: (preowned) Black PC case
HDD: (preowned) 320GB Western Digital HD SATA
DVD Player: (new) 1 LG DVD Player
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate
6 answers Last reply
More about please check current parts build
  1. I seriously suggest you go Intel, an i3 will give just as much if not more performance. But I digress. Your build is good. It should work perfectly. However, the mobo is mATX. It'll work, but get ATX. Bigger and more futureproof. Also, BioStar isn't that reliable. Get from:
    MSI
    ASUS
    ASRock
    Gigabyte

These companies are VERY reliable.
  2. Maybe change out that PSU for an Antec or Corsair variant.
  3. mvee18 said:
    Maybe change out that PSU for an Antec or Corsair variant.

i am extremely new at gathering parts to make a system, a few days ago i didn't even know what psu meant, what a motherboards function was, what the difference was between integrated graphics and a graphics card was, didn't know much anything about cores, had absolutely no idea how to gather parts to be compatible......so can u elaborate on "change out that PSU for an Antec or Corsair variant" and please explain why. Also maybe u could post a link of one that u think is best idea to get, thanks.
  4. obsama1 said:
    I seriously suggest you go Intel, an i3 will give just as much if not more performance. But I digress. Your build is good. It should work perfectly. However, the mobo is mATX. It'll work, but get ATX. Bigger and more futureproof. Also, BioStar isn't that reliable. Get from:
    MSI
    ASUS
    ASRock
    Gigabyte

hi, but the intel i3 core is only 2 cores.....although it is prolly better quality....the i3 core does indeed have a a slightly higher ranking on cpubenchmark.net.....but i still feel that the quad core athlon will function at a slightly higher speed and prolly at lower depth than the i3 core....both are 3.1ghz, except athlon is 4 cores....i am on a tight budget....not really but i really really really don't want to spend money. But i think this is good choice.......As for the mobo, this one had top rating out of am3 motherboards on newegg.com, it only has 22 reviews but still 5 stars, so should that most likely suggest quality? And of the brands u named, could u post your mobo that u think would be best for my "am3" cpu....thanks. PS: i am selecting these parts and having someone put it together 4 me cause i don't know how and have never tried, one day i plan on learning how.
  5. obsama1 said:
    I seriously suggest you go Intel, an i3 will give just as much if not more performance. But I digress. Your build is good. It should work perfectly. However, the mobo is mATX. It'll work, but get ATX. Bigger and more futureproof. Also, BioStar isn't that reliable. Get from:
    MSI
    ASUS
    ASRock
    Gigabyte

And my friend, u said to get ATX mobo instead of mATX.....the mobo i selected says it is ATX in the title so was that just a mistake by u? Please explain on that, and please give me link of what "am3" supporting mobo u think is overall best for around same price or a little more. Thanks a million.

REVISED (CANNOT SUBMIT NEW MESSAGE BECAUSE OF FLOODING???LOL) : ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i get it.....u meant micro atx, k....please still advice on your best selection,
Ask a new question

Read More

Build DVD Players Systems Product