acidreamer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Ok, so i switched out my phenom II x4 955 for a fx 6200, and im experiencing video, and audio stuttering in games. im not sure if it may be a power thing, or a voltage thing, but its quite frustrating.

PC Specs:
AMD Fx 6200 3.8Ghz (4.1 Turbo Boost) 1.5v (dont have a clue what the voltage is stock on this..)
G Skill Sniper 8Gb 1600mhz low voltage ram 1.25v
500Gb HDD
Radeon 6950 1gb XFX
600W PSU

None of this started untill i switched processors, also this happened all the time, until i upped the voltage, then it only stutters in combat arms. But i can run battlefield 3 on ultra with no stutters. Any help would be nice, if you need more info please tell me what you need and i can get it for you. Also all the eco settings are disabled. thanks.

1.5v seems pretty high for that clock speed, Even the FX8150 was getting 4.3ghz+ at 1.5v, to much volts could cause some stuttering if the CPU don't like it.

Also cooling issues could cause stuttering, if the CPU/Video Card gets to hot it can throttle its self causing stuttering.

Also Check Drivers, If you have the newest ATI drivers, Either Try the beta 12.7 or downgrade the drivers, I recommend 12.3 or lower.

update your bios on your Mobo, might be an issue with something with the bios (If you update bios, it will reset your Overclock). Also update Windows, there should be an update it Windows 7 to improve the performance of the Bulldozer.

acidreamer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
im going to try to reinstall my video drivers, and i did lower the 1.5 volts as it was a stupid idea to go that high. right now its at a 1.4~. the temps are about 11c idle and may go up to 45c at the most. Also cpu z is showing it running at .9 and 1.0 volts...is this correct? if it is the bios is wrong or w/e. Also, could it possibly be that the motherboard cpu pin is an 8 pin, not 4, currently i have 2 4 pins, that were on an extension...so its really 1 4pin but 2 heads i guess. Maybe thats it? thanks for the reply!

U should find the lowest voltage for your OC.

Lower the voltage = longer the life of the CPU = less heat emitted by the CPU.

acidreamer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Ok, all drivers are updated/reinstalled. Turbo boost is disabled. Windows doesnt need to be installed for a cpu change. Updated windows. The only thing i can think of is my power supply not being enough, or voltages are off, maybe my cpu is just faulty. Everything seems to check out where it should be, but it still freezes. Going to get some thermal grease and put the phenom back in. see if it still happens. This is bs. >:O

Matrikz

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
It's not the CPU, drivers, or bios... it's combat arms. I have the FX-6100 and I get the same thing happening in that game, it's the Black Cypher process that isn't coded properly. If you remember correctly when that so called anti-cheat program was released by Nexon the same thing was happening. Black Cypher is taxing 2-3 of the cores to 100% which is causing the "stuttering" and "freezing".