Sign in with
Your question

No display after changing pc case

Last response: in Components
July 19, 2012 11:46:15 AM

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new PC case.After installing all the PC components in the case when I turned ON the computer there was no display.All the fans are spinning,the sound that usually come from the HDD and dvd rom are also coming but there are no beeps and no led glowing on the mobo.I reassambled my computer but still no LUCK!!.I read the Forum on TOM'S HARDWARE that was related to this problem.SO far i have perfomed the following steps

1)..... I reset my bios in every way I could

2.... Removed tha RAMS ( in this case the mobo beeps )

3..... TRIED ONE RAM ON EACH SLOT

4.... removed my graphic card and used the onboard vga but still no display

5... also tried my psu on another PC and the PSU works like charm

this is all i could do and i don't think y mobo is damaged bcz there are no broken capacitors or no black spots on the mobo.I would really apreciate your HELP

THANKS IN ADVANCE....

More about : display changing case

a c 76 ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 11:50:06 AM

Sounds like the case is shorting the mobo. Take out the mobo and "bread board" it with everything else installed as normal on the board outside of the case to see if it'll start up then. You'll need to short the power switch pins with a screw driver (or similar) to do that.
m
l
July 19, 2012 12:39:19 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Sounds like the case is shorting the mobo. Take out the mobo and "bread board" it with everything else installed as normal on the board outside of the case to see if it'll start up then. You'll need to short the power switch pins with a screw driver (or similar) to do that.

yup I did that already but no luck infact before buying the new case I was using my system in the BREAD BOARD way AND it was working perfectly fine
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2012 4:07:32 PM

C'MON MAN I NEED YOUR HELP :sweat: 

BTW here are the specs of my PC

C2D E7400

ASUS microATX mobo

4gb DDR2 ram

260gb Hard drive

450W PSU
m
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
July 19, 2012 5:48:19 PM

I honestly don't know what else to tell you. :(  You've done everything that I would have told you do now.
m
l
July 19, 2012 5:57:46 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
I honestly don't know what else to tell you. :(  You've done everything that I would have told you do now.

thanx
m
l
July 21, 2012 9:37:21 AM

SOOOO....... any body here who can help me with this problem
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 21, 2012 10:27:58 AM

Did you see if it works if you took the mobo out of the case again.
m
l
July 21, 2012 3:06:52 PM

jay_nar2012 said:
Did you see if it works if you took the mobo out of the case again.

no dude it didn't worked
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 21, 2012 3:59:35 PM

Parts on a motherboard can die without an visual damage, have you tried another PSU on this motherboard?
m
l
July 22, 2012 4:47:56 AM

jay_nar2012 said:
Parts on a motherboard can die without an visual damage, have you tried another PSU on this motherboard?

nobe but i have tried my psu on another pc and the psu works fine so does this mean my mobo is gone

m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 22, 2012 10:25:48 AM

Its a possibility as something must of happened when you changed case, when you first turned it on in the new case, did you screw the board?, did you screw it in the right places?
m
l
!