CoolerMaster CM 690 II vs Corsair Carbide 400R

infecthead

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hello, TH! Long time lurker, first time poster here :p I'm getting a new PC basically, and now I'm stuck on which case to choose.

For those interested, the parts I am going to purchase are HERE (add in a GTX 560, optical drive, HDD and all the other peripherals which I own).

My plans for the build are above, however I also want this to be a long-term case lasting around 3-4 years (depending on how the market for cases plays out). So water cooling support is a big plus, and room for multiple cards (2-way SLI 560's). CPU cooling availability, good cable management and cooling, and just a nice simple design is what I'm looking for.

So far I've narrowed it down to the CM 690 II Advanced B&W edition ($125AU), and the Carbide 400R ($118AU). I love both designs however the white on black looks amazing on the CMs, plus the I/O being on top. I do want the best cooling however so design doesn't matter too much for either of those.

If anyone can suggest an equal-better product I would be open to hearing that! My budget is ~$125AU. Keep in mind the Australian price, so look at this website for cases within budget: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25_547

Any help is appreciated, thanks! :)

EDIT: Also found THIS for $110, and looks exactly the same except with the 2 meshes on the side for fans. I like it a lot, if it were out of the CMs then I would definitely pick this. So, it's either this version or the 400R (or anything better you can think of) :)

Solution
The cases that you have selected are good and look like they have good cooling with options and I have found Cooler Master to be good roomy cases with room to do a lot of added things. The Corsair also looks good and the selecton of a case is mostly a personal preference because you have to look at it and you do want to like the looks. Don't forget that modifacations can always be done to any case.
The cases that you have selected are good and look like they have good cooling with options and I have found Cooler Master to be good roomy cases with room to do a lot of added things. The Corsair also looks good and the selecton of a case is mostly a personal preference because you have to look at it and you do want to like the looks. Don't forget that modifacations can always be done to any case.

Solution

Uther39

Distinguished

So your in a bit of a dilemma here as you like the black and white look, bit i no for a fact that the 400r is an all round better case with alot more cooling options and the possibility to fit 2 x 240mm rads, personally id go with the 400r and spray paint it to your desired colour.

But im gonna throw this in there too, for another $20 aus you can have the 500r in white on black, and this case not only has the colour scheme you like but is very roomy and again lots of cooling options like the 400r.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_547&products_id=18317
http://www.corsair.com/carbide-series-500r-mid-tower-case.html

500r-2.png

500r_side_open_b_1.png