Disabled volume controls

On Windows XP, all my volume controls are disabled even though I do have
sound. Why are they disabled? Please tell me what I need to check that caused
this! Thank you so much!
1 answer Last reply
More about disabled volume controls

    Try control-panel,open system,device mgr,scroll down to sound,expand the
    tree,R.click any for the sound device hardware,select uninstall for
    each,uninstall
    all in sounds if you want,then close-out,shutdown computer,dont restart after
    a uninstall.If you have a sound card,power off,move the card to another pci
    slot,otherwise restart computer after 15 sec.XP will reinstall all on
    restart,then
    go to windows update for new driver,or/and mfg web for driver.