  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
October 27, 2004 6:33:04 PM

On Windows XP, all my volume controls are disabled even though I do have
sound. Why are they disabled? Please tell me what I need to check that caused
this! Thank you so much!

More about : disabled volume controls

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 10:15:02 PM

Try control-panel,open system,device mgr,scroll down to sound,expand the
tree,R.click any for the sound device hardware,select uninstall for
each,uninstall
all in sounds if you want,then close-out,shutdown computer,dont restart after
a uninstall.If you have a sound card,power off,move the card to another pci
slot,otherwise restart computer after 15 sec.XP will reinstall all on
restart,then
go to windows update for new driver,or/and mfg web for driver.

!