$700 Gaming PC

Approximate Purchase Date: Late June

Budget Range:$500-$800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, streaming, internet, video/photo editing.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe eventually

Additional Comments: I'm aiming for a fairly inexpensive rig that will have me going for a while, and leaving me able to further upgrade when the time comes around.
12 answers Last reply
More about gaming
  1. Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

CPU: i5-2500

MOBO: ASRock Extreme3/Gen3

PSU: Seasonic 620W 80 Plus Bronze Modular

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB

Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770

TOTAL: $697 (on Newegg)

All of these items can be found on Amazon, no tax, free shipping.
  2. I would go for a 7850.
  3. Another option if you're looking to build in late June and catch a promo for Z77 boards and new Ivy Bridge i5. Should be competitively priced so won't raise that price tag much and power supply, case, RAM, video will all be compatible.
  4. The above build is fairly strong but the gpu is weak

intel i3 2120
    asrock z68 extreme 3
    Corsair vengence 2x4 gb 1600mhz
    sapphire radeon hd 7850
    Corsair cx 600 80+ psu
    cm haf 912
    wd carvier blue 500gb
  5. I don't know much about video cards, but I know enough to know it's definitely not on anyone's wish list, but the title of the thread is "$700 gaming PC" and he said $500 to $800 and both of the GPU's you two suggested goes over his budget.

Depends on how close to 800 or over OP is willing to go.
  6. If you use the first build of 697$, another 100$ can be used, which can be used to get a 250$ GPU (7850)
  7. Can save $20 by changing to Corsair PSU

Change to Sapphire Radeon HD 7850

Of course, these prices can all change when Z77 comes out, and probably for the better.

That changes total to $767
  8. So If I switch the PSU to the Corsiar and change the video card to the 7850, thats the overall better build then the first posted?
  9. Yes
  10. Agreed.
  11. I was looking at the parts, and aparently that motherboard doesnt fit in that case properly, 2 or 3 of the screws don't line up with the mount. What do you suggest about that? no big deal, or change something?
  12. I'm not finding any discussions that show that the ASRock won't fit. Perhaps whomever said it doesn't fit had standoffs where they shouldn't be. I just saw a number of builds with that case and mobo combo. However, I did notice that people say that case can cause issues with cable managment and felt cramped, which is why I had originally recommended the Seasonic modular PSU.

Here are the reviews of those with that case/mobo combo on NewEgg....

Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product