Sign in with
Your question

No SLI Option - Help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 29, 2012 2:03:08 PM

I was running SLI with these identical GeForce 9800 GTX+ cards on my previous system. I have recently upgraded the motherboard, processor, ram, and OS to Windows 7. After all the updates and drivers and whatnot, there is no SLI option in the control center

2x PNY 9800 GTX+
MSI P67A-GD65(B3)
Intel i7 2600K
Windows 7 x64
Corsair power supply - this cant be the issue since it worked before the upgrade...

Things I have tried:
BIOS - no options for SLI. Only PCIE option is the timing or whatever.
Video drivers - tried current, previous, and beta releases
Motherboard drivers - tried current, previous, and beta releases
Onboard LAN/Audio - tried disabling these (they are Realtek) and resinstalling the video drivers, no luck
SLI Bridge - tried two different ones, rotated both
Card slots - only 2 slots on this board, tried swapping cards
Also tried booting with just 1 video card then installing the second

Both video cards appear as distinct devices in the nVidia Control Center, Device Manager, and GPU-Z. Identical Device IDs
Both cards are in x16 slots, but running as x8 since I think that is the capacity of the cards.

I cant figure it out, please help!

More about : sli option

January 30, 2012 1:29:34 AM

Well, today I realized I was bending over backwards to try and get my video cards working when they only run at 8x PCIE, they dont support directx11, and they were probably more than 5 years old.

I just bought a GeForce GTX 550 Ti, and right now it does everything I ask it to. SWTOR is about all I play on computer right now and it runs great in max settings.
m
l
!