Will this build ba able to play the following games well, low budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
CPU/GPU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106001
Motherboard: ECS A55F-M2 AMD (builder chosen)(new)
Ram: 4gb ddr3 (new)
PCU: (my builders used pcu), i will check with him if it is enough watts
Case: (preowned by builder) Black PC case
HDD: (preowned by builder) 320GB Western Digital HD SATA
DVD Player: (new) 1 LG DVD Player
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate

u guys have any recommendations on this set-up, maybe diff mobo, or u could tell me what psu would do best....

And will these graphics and cpu be able to play "Age of Empires Online"<====2010 ....and age of empires 3 all high quality settings, no lag, on or offline??? Will it do, thanks...and i think it will do...just wanna check with u guys..kk

suteck

Distinguished
I would like to help but I can't get the link for the cpu/gpu to work. Might be just me but you might want to check it. Not enough information on the PSU, name model, (and watts as you mentioned). The only thing the case would affect would be the cooling. So if it has adequate cooling space and fans for air flow that should be OK - and it looks good to you of course. The HDD is a sata I or II - don't make that much difference so just asking to get an overall performance idea. Is that dvd player also a burner? double layer? lightscribe? Is the operating system 32 or 64 bits? Need to know so we can tell if it will read all 4 GB's of memory or just 3.38. Without these factors can't be sure. As for the on and off line? The warning "ONLINE PLAY MAY DIFFER, YOUR ONLINE EXPERIENCE MAY DIFFER" is always a big factor that no one not familiar with your online setup like - wired or wireless, router capabilities, ISP service provider and speed in Mbps including DSL, Cable or fiber O that your contract is holding you hostage for, as well as how many people in your house are using the internet while you're playing will ALL affect that one simple question. - - - Co-op games have some lag issues. –Requires Games for Windows Live is the warnings I see, (incase you're not already familiar with it).

These are the specs I found online for playing the game
Minimum Requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB
HDD: 1 GB Free
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9500 or better, nVidia 5200

Recommended Specification:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz or better
RAM: 2 GB or more
HDD: 2 GB Free
Graphics Card: Geforce 6600 GT or better

I would never go with minimum because it usually means you will have to turn down some settings and/or receive some lags and sputters during some segments - usually when it's most intense/fun! But I posted them to give you an idea if you didn't already have one. Notice also how even the recommended specs say or better? Make sure you get better!! All that is from a review you can FIND HERE if you want to read it for yourself.

Last but not least, What are you paying for this compilation of components? If you have a budget and want a new build we might can work on something like that for you and your builder, while still using some of the parts he's willing to give/sell you.

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

sorry here is cpu/gpu:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106001

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Okay. the CPU with the GPU is not a bad chip. The embedded graphics (HD6550) is way above the minimum required by your game of choice so you'll be fine there.
I don't care for the motherboard though. I would push for something else with a FM1 socket. You may be ok but it's not one that I would use.
I'll have to wait to see what PSU he's giving you to comment on it. The rest of the build looks ok.

suteck

Distinguished
The CPU/GPU will be plenty enough to run that game at full settings. The motherboard is also a nice choice if you like ecs boards and shouldn't have any bottlenecks for your game. The hdd and dvd should also be enough to do the trick. Only things left are the power supply unit name, model and wattage, (as long as it's 350w and should be > 80% efficiency that should be sufficient as long as you're not doing any overclocking of the cpu or gpu), and whether or not the operating system will support all 4 GB's of memory, as long as it's 64 bits you're good to go. I'd say if these components meet or surpass these requirements the answer to your question is Yes

But I would prefer this GIGABYTE GA-A75M-D2H FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard board for $100
Coupled with this compatible 8 GB's of memory F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL for $50.
Might as well throw in this Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply for $60.

Since you asked - But not knowing what parts he's giving/selling you and what the price ranges are it's a little hard to be comparative. And these are the parts I use for economy builds for my clients so I'm a little biased based on my experience.

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

woooow!!! u just basically answered all of my questions, thanks man...but can u give me a link for the best mobo u think will do the best job while still keeping it around the same price as the ECS A55F-M2 AMD (builder chosen)(new) that would make this perfect, i would then suggest it to my builder and see what he says,,,waiting :bounce: :hello:

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

wow great answer just likechaz21, amazing.....i will strongly consider what u have said, thanks./

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

forgot to give u a bouncy and a smillly lol,, heheheh :bounce: :eek:

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

thats great, thanks alot, but....its micro, somone in another forum said to try not to get micro........so is there a good one available that is not micro around the same price....or does it really not matter if it is micro or not? What does a micro mobo mean? thanks

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

ohhhh, i had a feeling that wasn't allowed for discussion, still wanted to add that classic comment though, lmfao.....and i wasn't talking about piracy as in illegal, i was talking about pirates with eye patches, lmfao

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
who's gunna pay 300 friegen dollars for that crap when u can go sailing on a pirate ship, lol ....maybe if they were fair and sold it for $100 or something We wouldn't go sailing the pirate seas,,,,lol, lmfao, hheheheh....this is too far...

suteck

Distinguished
aarrrrrrgggggg! :sol: Canada ?? I ran my ship aground on the way up there. aarrrrrrgggggg :fou:

I went with the slightly higher priced board because it comes with the VGA-D Sub, DVI and the HDMI ports so he can pretty much match any monitor/tv up to it without adapters.

LOL so no answer is best answer :pt1cable: ROBLMFAO hahaha

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

As you can see by the link below an ATX comparable to the Micro-ATX I suggested above is about $30.00 more.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131765
This is an example of the difference between Micro-Atx and ATX:
http://www.formfactors.org/FFDetail.asp?FFID=2&CatID=1
Micro-Atx motherboards are fine. They will fit in all but the Mini cases and will have all the features you will need (as long as you buy a good one).

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

lmfao again arrrghhhh, lolololol, i don't know if i can take any suggestion from this certain forum seriously ne more, this is getting out of hand, lol......ne ways u guys deserve another good laugh.....and ps don't get bored with the begining of vid, it gets way better......lol.....or should i say worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxCrugJj_o

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

argghhh maety.....thanks for arrrgh fer explanin that to me arggghhhh.... but....if it's micro arggghhhh....shouldn't it argghghh...best fit in a mini case arggghhhh???? lol, seriously argghhh....lol prolly not gunna arggh get an asnwer from him argghhhh, but i would like one arrghghhh.....ps...chaz21 .....u arrgh definetly THE true best answer arrrghhhh, lmfao, REALLY THOUGH.... :pt1cable:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS