Sign in with
Your question
Closed

The Xbox 720 will use the Radeon HD 6670 card !

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 29, 2012 3:53:38 PM

the next gen gaming console "Xbox 720" will use the HD 6670 graphic card and will deliver "six" times the graphics power of the xbox 360 ? how is that possible ?
i mean the xbox 360 which uses the low end X1900 card is beating up PCs with high end gtx 460 . . and the next xbox will be six times more powerful . . and will beat up a high end sandy bridge PC with a high end 6970 card . .
so Whats the secret ?

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-next-xbox-...
a c 226 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 4:07:57 PM

You can't directly compare the graphics prowess of a gaming console with a PC. With a PC, there is a great deal of overhead associated with the "open environment" applications, varoius hardware components, etc.

A console has a VERY closed environment and can dedicate resources that a PC must share.

Don't worry, whatever MS uses in the Xbox 720 will be several times better than what they have now.
January 29, 2012 4:09:56 PM

No no, you've got it all wrong. It just performs better than the old xbox x6, which is sad because the 6670 is well lol. Its a well know fact consoles will NEVER be able to keep up with computers, even a mainstream one with like a 560ti.
Related resources
a c 226 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 4:15:15 PM

The "secret" is the closed, dedicated development environment that a console is built around. What are you talking about General199?
January 29, 2012 4:44:14 PM

there most be some thing that gaming console makers use to enhance the performance !!
it can't be a very weak xbox 360 can run crysis 2 at 60fps with NO lag
the consoles makers are keeping these secret hardware only for them to make more money . . and companies like Nvidia and AMD take advantage of PC games to sell them more and more expensive cards while still seeking for more

and how it could be no such FPS drop in the consoles ?
i have saw a video on you tube of some one calculating the FPS of the PS3 while playing just cause 2 on the PS3 with on screen FPS icon . . IT NEVER DROP BELOW 60fps !!
while WE.. the PC gamers have to meat the recommended system requirements and more to get a decent lagg XD
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 5:05:31 PM

hameem 1 said:
there most be some thing that gaming console makers use to enhance the performance !!
the consoles makers are keeping these secret hardware only for them to make more money . . and companies like Nvidia and AMD take advantage of PC games to sell them more and more expensive cards while still seeking for more

i have saw a video on you tube of some one calculating the FPS of the PS3 while playing just cause 2 on the PS3 with on screen FPS icon . . IT NEVER DROP BELOW 60fps !!
while WE.. the PC gamers have to meat the recommended system requirements and more to get a decent lagg XD

well consoles dont run high graphics settings
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 5:20:43 PM

The secret is optimization. Console games are optimized for 1 set of hardware, they don't have to cater to 2 brands of GPU's with VAST processing power differences. I mean, PS3 has pretty darn good graphics and only has 24 pixel shaders. If you tried running BF3 on a PC with a card that has 24 Pixel Shaders the game would laugh at you. And the PS3 version of BF3 looks pretty good, I have it.

And while console games can stay at 60 FPS the whole time, its really "60 FPS". I mean, PS3 MW3 runs at 60 FPS but has a lot of screen tearing to get that. Plus Infinity Ward and Treyarch are too lazy to learn how to code for the PS3 Cell so the PS3 copy sucks.

The 6670 will be a great console card. GDDR5 when both the PS3 and 360 use GDDR3, and will have more RAM (PS3 and 360 have 512MB total between main RAM and VRAM). Plus 480 Stream Processors when the 360 has 48.
January 29, 2012 6:12:39 PM

Vettedude said:
The secret is optimization. Console games are optimized for 1 set of hardware, they don't have to cater to 2 brands of GPU's with VAST processing power differences. I mean, PS3 has pretty darn good graphics and only has 24 pixel shaders. If you tried running BF3 on a PC with a card that has 24 Pixel Shaders the game would laugh at you. And the PS3 version of BF3 looks pretty good, I have it.

And while console games can stay at 60 FPS the whole time, its really "60 FPS". I mean, PS3 MW3 runs at 60 FPS but has a lot of screen tearing to get that. Plus Infinity Ward and Treyarch are too lazy to learn how to code for the PS3 Cell so the PS3 copy sucks.

The 6670 will be a great console card. GDDR5 when both the PS3 and 360 use GDDR3, and will have more RAM (PS3 and 360 have 512MB total between main RAM and VRAM). Plus 480 Stream Processors when the 360 has 48.

if what you are saying is right, why AMD and Nvidia doesn't cooperate with game engine makers to optimize the game engines to there card and CPUs . . .
- another thing : if game developers copy the same Xbox version of BF3 to the PC with a little "Microsoft windows" optimization it will run as it dose at the xbox if you are right
because the PC "a decent PC with like 2.4ghz CPU and a GT 9800" will run the game maxed out becuse that PC has the same hardware and more

xboxram 512MB > pc 4G
xbox GPU 256MB > PC 512 . . etc

but i dob't think you are right . . it most be a missing element !
a c 226 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 6:18:21 PM

hameem 1 said:
if what you are saying is right, why AMD and Nvidia doesn't cooperate with game engine makers to optimize the game engines to there card and CPUs . . .
- another thing : if game developers copy the same Xbox version of BF3 to the PC with a little "Microsoft windows" optimization it will run as it dose at the xbox if you are right
because the PC "a decent PC with like 2.4ghz CPU and a GT 9800" will run the game maxed out becuse that PC has the same hardware and more

xboxram 512MB > pc 4G
xbox GPU 256MB > PC 512 . . etc

but i dob't think you are right . . it most be a missing element !

There is no secret ingredient (hardware). The hardware and software environment is so controlled that developers can optimize their products on a far greater scale than you ever could on a PC. PCs have a near infinite number of hardware combinations of components. With game consoles, the baseline variation is minimal. This makes a HUGE difference.

a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 6:21:03 PM

Nope. Its called Optimization. When developing for PS3, devs can look and say: "Alright, we have 256MB of XDR RAMBUS, 256 MB of GDDR3, we have to get it to run on the RSX and Cell, and that's it." PC devs have to run on DDR2, DDR3, GDDR3, GDDR5, cards with 80 shaders to 1200 shaders, 8 ROP's to 50, AMD architecture (weak, but plentiful shaders) AND Nvidia architecture (fewer but more powerful shaders) and have to support DirectX 9c, 10, and 11 (or newer games only 10 and 11, but then you alienate Win XP holdouts). Its not just "Microsoft Windows" optimization. And the Xbox 360 and PS3 don't run a full OS with background tasks while playing a game, so they don't need as much RAM.

And next time you play a 360 or PS3 game, look closely at the textures. A lot of pop-in, low quality MSAA and Anisotropic Filtering, and low resolution textures that pop into high res texture only when you are standing 10 feet in view of them. That's how they get BF3 to run on 24 pipelines and 8 ROP's, a lot of "trickery" being played.
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:08:31 PM

the xbox 360 runs all new games at 720p or less on medium or lower with very little AA with 30 fps often dipping lower. I don't see how its worth arguing its Optimized.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:13:18 PM

esrever said:
the xbox 360 runs all new games at 720p or less on medium or lower with very little AA with 30 fps often dipping lower. I don't see how its worth arguing its Optimized.

Its greatly optimized. 8 ROP's, 48 pixel shaders, and 512MB of Shared RAM on the Xbox 360. The fact that it can hit 60FPS @600p even is incredible.
January 29, 2012 7:18:53 PM

you don't know? A company by the name of NOS, which is very well known in the drag racing industry has developed a thermal paste that when applied to the components of game consoles drastically increases its components through-put.

Using NOS in a personal computer wouldn't do well, because you can change everything out.
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:20:22 PM

well I guess so but I doubt they can make a 6670 even run as well as a 7970 today with the optimizations let alone a year from now when the 680 is already out.

the textures are cut down to save vram, the game also cuts all performance settings from the game to save ram, the models are all low and the shader performance would be medium. Physics on low and draw distance on low.

Im pretty sure you can run an 360 game on pc with 2x the power of the 360 as well as the 360. So with 2x the performance of the 6670, you are looking at a 6790 being able to play all the games next gen at performance levels of the xbox, which is kinda pathetic.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:21:07 PM

esrever said:

No kidding!. I read a good article in the February 2012 issue of MaximumPC that talked about this issue using batman arkham asylum as an example. The consoles are running low/med graphic settings in 720 at typically 30FPS with no physics, AA or any other fancy feature that PC's have. BF3 for example was limited to 32 player max since the console could not handle any more. So all the smooth edges, fancy smoke and flying shattered glass and other goodies are not present in consoles. I kind of like the ability to shoot a potted plant off of some random window ledge that has nothing to do with the games mission and have it shatter into a mass of clay and dirt. Things like this are not possible on a console. I was at a friend of my wifes house the other day and her grown up son was playing CODMW3 on the 360 and was going on about how realistic the graphics were. I had to contain my laughter since he was only a teenager. Have you compared any of these games from a console to the PC version running 1080 in ultra? There is absolutely no comparison. Period.
January 29, 2012 7:25:31 PM

alrobichaud said:
No kidding!. I read a good article in the February 2012 issue of MaximumPC that talked about this issue using batman arkham asylum as an example. The consoles are running low/med graphic settings in 720 at typically 30FPS with no physics, AA or any other fancy feature that PC's have. BF3 for example was limited to 32 player max since the console could not handle any more. So all the smooth edges, fancy smoke and flying shattered glass and other goodies are not present in consoles. I kind of like the ability to shoot a potted plant off of some random window ledge that has nothing to do with the games mission and have it shatter into a mass of clay and dirt. Things like this are not possible on a console. I was at a friend of my wifes house the other day and her grown up son was playing CODMW3 on the 360 and was going on about how realistic the graphics were. I had to contain my laughter since he was only a teenager. Have you compared any of these games from a console to the PC version running 1080 in ultra? There is absolutely no comparison. Period.

Exactly!!!

Comparing consoles to personal computers is like comparing apples to oranges. there is no comparison... consoles fail miserably against a well built desktop. PERIOD
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:28:47 PM

esrever said:
well I guess so but I doubt they can make a 6670 even run as well as a 7970 today with the optimizations let alone a year from now when the 680 is already out.

the textures are cut down to save vram, the game also cuts all performance settings from the game to save ram, the models are all low and the shader performance would be medium. Physics on low and draw distance on low.

Im pretty sure you can run an 360 game on pc with 2x the power of the 360 as well as the 360. So with 2x the performance of the 6670, you are looking at a 6790 being able to play all the games next gen at performance levels of the xbox, which is kinda pathetic.

I already explained the pop in and low res textures. Thing is, console game developers are REALLY good at using tricks to make it look good, that's how you get decent looking games on $250 hardware.

And lol @ guy saying MW3 looks realistic. I have the PS3 version, looks like garbage.
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:32:47 PM

Im just saying the 6670 is much too weak to be the gpu in the next xbox. with the 360, they put in a gpu as with as much power as a enthusiast at launch.

The new xbox should at least have a 6850 or 7850 equivalent since its launching in 2013.
January 29, 2012 7:35:46 PM

esrever said:
Im just saying the 6670 is much too weak to be the gpu in the next xbox. with the 360, they put in a gpu as with as much power as a enthusiast at launch.

The new xbox should at least have a 6850 or 7850 equivalent since its launching in 2013.

the 6670 isnt that weak for console gaming... console gaming in general is a weak platform... it would suit it just fine.
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:39:33 PM

the 6670 is weak when you consider the fact the 360 launched with a 2600 level gpu when that was mid range.

the 6670 is a low range gpu more than 12 month before the next xbox comes out.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:42:55 PM

esrever said:
the 6670 is weak when you consider the fact the 360 launched with a 2600 level gpu when that was mid range.

the 6670 is a low range gpu more than 12 month before the next xbox comes out.

360 and PS3 are limited more by bandwidth and total memory than GPU power right now. The 6670 with 128-bit GDDR5 would be perfect and cost effective. Although one thing to keep in mind is Microsoft's shift to more Kinect based casual games instead of hardcore gaming. Sony will probably use a GTX 570 or something and end up being an expensive, but capable system.
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 7:59:54 PM

I don't like the shift towards weaker and casual systems. It just means console ports are gonna be even less stressing and be bad on the PC industry.

I doubt the ps4 will live if the nextbox and Wii U will both be much cheaper and arround the same performance hardware. Developers are gonna want to develop for those consoles and the ps4 hardware would be a waste for such a premium.

I'd rather 2 systems be strong and have decent graphical enhancements than 2 system being weaker and have a third wheel trying to push for more graphics performance.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 8:03:40 PM

Unfortunately, Microsoft took notice when the top selling console this gen had 4 pixel pipelines and a single core CPU running less than 1Ghz. The whole gaming industry is going to be taking a step sideways.
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 8:21:29 PM

the wii sales are down across the board while the 360 sales are picking up, in north america at least. Microsoft should see this. if the next gen is 2 wii like consoles, then the gaming pc industry is kinda getting screwed.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 8:23:48 PM

Well they aren't going to make hardware as weak as the Wii was comparatively, but I don't think you are gonna see a console that has $1000 of hardware in it like PS3 had at launch (although Blu Ray was ludicrously expensive then and PS3 was still the cheapest Blu Ray player back then which is the reason PS3 survived)
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 8:35:11 PM

Im just thinking in a year, you should be able to build a computer with a 6870 and a cheap 4 core cpu for $500, it would be even cheaper for MS to make it as an integrated machine. Would be able to sell it for $499 launch price and still be good. Im not sure how cheap they want to next gen to be.

the 6670 can't even run today's games at 1080p well enough to be worth it. 6x as powerful as the 360 won't really help when you want to shoot for 1080p at 60fps.

needs 2.5x the pixels at 2x the speed. Which will mean you have very little room for performance gains over the xbox unless you want to run it at lower res and lower fps.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 8:40:32 PM

MS will probably go Quad Core with the 6670 and bundle Kinect, get a Halo game, and be happy as they roll in money.

Sony will probably go with a 6 or 8 core (not Cell based, I'm talking Intel based, rumor has it Intel was working with a console maker, probably Sony) with a GTX 570 (since for some reason they like Nvidia even though they go screwed over with the RSX). Sony likes powerful, look at the Vita, first quad core mobile system mass produced. Thus why I love Playstation systems, Sony is willing to put some good hardware in them.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 8:48:06 PM

Vettedude said:
MS will probably go Quad Core with the 6670 and bundle Kinect, get a Halo game, and be happy as they roll in money.

Sony will probably go with a 6 or 8 core (not Cell based, I'm talking Intel based, rumor has it Intel was working with a console maker, probably Sony) with a GTX 570 (since for some reason they like Nvidia even though they go screwed over with the RSX). Sony likes powerful, look at the Vita, first quad core mobile system mass produced. Thus why I love Playstation systems, Sony is willing to put some good hardware in them.

how is all of this relevant?
all i ever see in these types of therads are realy misinformed projections based on opinion.
Now if someone came to the table with some concrete facts of what is going to be in them hardware wise then maybe we could have a conversation with some ground to walk on.
there is no way that sony or microsoft will put 1200.00 worth of hardware in their systems to sell a console at 400-600 dollars. If that were to happen the software would be ungodly pricy
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 8:51:23 PM

I'm going off of projections based on the history of the companies. Sony slaps a quad in the Vita, they will probably put an 8 in PS4. And anyways, bulk discounts work in their favor, and with the cost of Blu Ray drives down (the biggest cost of the PS3) they wouldn't have to sell it for all that much.
a b U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 9:04:55 PM

If you start out with a 300.00 gpu theb new tech from Intel as you say plus labor and.such as well as all components... I highly doubt it
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 9:12:22 PM

The ps4 is going with AMD not nvidia this time too and they will not go intel. Nobody wants to pay intel for the x86 cpus when they don't need to. Im guessing the cpu will both be a quad core IBM power cpu with 8 threads.

Im still doubting the 6670 as the gpu for the xbox and I expect both the ps4 and the nextbox to ship with GCN since the xbox shipped the R600 unified architecture when it launched which was just released when the 360 came out.

Shifting toward a 6670 doesn't make much sense.
January 29, 2012 9:16:19 PM

hopefully they will have something powerful like a 6950. ittle probably be underclocked... but i guess itll be ok once they optimize for it. i wander if new games from xbox and ps3 will be better optimized for PC's if they use a card as such.
January 29, 2012 9:38:13 PM

I remember when Super Nintendo ran on the same Processor Chips that were in the Apple IIGS.

January 30, 2012 9:33:48 AM

Vettedude said:
Nope. Its called Optimization. When developing for PS3, devs can look and say: "Alright, we have 256MB of XDR RAMBUS, 256 MB of GDDR3, we have to get it to run on the RSX and Cell, and that's it

and then will say "what we can make of that ? nothing than a 8-bit game

PC games has some thing called "minimum system requirement" and its usually 2.6 dual core CPU and a 2G ram+ gt 9800 or HD 4850
they can say we have the 2.6 dual core with a 2G ram and a GT 9800 OR 4850 and that's it.

in consoles there is Xbox and PS3 each one has its own graphic card architecture. . so it will be the same as (PS3 RSX , Xbox ati GPU) = (gt 9800 , HD 4850)
+ Nvidia and AMD are very supported in PC games because its the main PC GPU manufactures. . if you play PC games . . you will notice a logo of Nvidia or AMD at almost every PC game at the start

so any one that has any better card or more RAM or faster CPU will run the game as any one else that meats the minimum requirement . . that will attract more gamres and the computer companies will win

*- but console makers doesn't want that . . so they make any thing to make gamers on other platform tired from upgrading over and over and give up and buy a console from them, so they can win.
January 30, 2012 7:16:33 PM

hameem 1 said:
the next gen gaming console "Xbox 720" will use the HD 6670 graphic card and will deliver "six" times the graphics power of the xbox 360 ? how is that possible ?
i mean the xbox 360 which uses the low end X1900 card is beating up PCs with high end gtx 460 . . and the next xbox will be six times more powerful . . and will beat up a high end sandy bridge PC with a high end 6970 card . .
so Whats the secret ?

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-next-xbox-...

With all due respect, man, are you nuts? The 460 completely and utterly destroys the 360 in terms of graphical performance. Take any decent console to PC port, for instance. 360 games (and PS3 games) almost universally run at 720p with a frame rate capped at 30fps (that occationally drops). The PC version however will - on a 460 (if it's not a game that is immensely improved in terms of textures, effects, lighting, etc. on PC, like BF3, for instance) run at 1080p at a stable 60fps, if not higher. You sir, are objectively incorrect.
a b U Graphics card
January 30, 2012 7:25:06 PM

hameem 1 said:
and then will say "what we can make of that ? nothing than a 8-bit game

PC games has some thing called "minimum system requirement" and its usually 2.6 dual core CPU and a 2G ram+ gt 9800 or HD 4850
they can say we have the 2.6 dual core with a 2G ram and a GT 9800 OR 4850 and that's it.

in consoles there is Xbox and PS3 each one has its own graphic card architecture. . so it will be the same as (PS3 RSX , Xbox ati GPU) = (gt 9800 , HD 4850)
+ Nvidia and AMD are very supported in PC games because its the main PC GPU manufactures. . if you play PC games . . you will notice a logo of Nvidia or AMD at almost every PC game at the start

so any one that has any better card or more RAM or faster CPU will run the game as any one else that meats the minimum requirement . . that will attract more gamres and the computer companies will win

*- but console makers doesn't want that . . so they make any thing to make gamers on other platform tired from upgrading over and over and give up and buy a console from them, so they can win.

Developing a game for 2 combinations of GPU+CPU+RAM is a lot easier than developing for a platform that has endless combination possibilities.
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 30, 2012 7:25:20 PM

the minimal requirements of pc games ussually run about as good as the 360 and the ps3.
January 30, 2012 7:25:35 PM

hameem 1 said:

Nope, Crysis 2 on the 360 runs at a native resolution of 1152x720 (source: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241) at a frame rate that varies between 15 and 30 fps depending on the situasion (source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis...). Also, Crysis 2 on the consoles looks significantly worse (fewer dynamic lights and shadows, more pop-in) than even the lowest preset on the PC (source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-c...). Consoles aren't magical, and people should stop thinking that they are. Very, very few console games run at 60fps (Call of Duty is perhaps the most famous exception, but that comes at a price of reduced native res and generally unimpressive visuals).

hameem 1 said:

Again, you're demostrably wrong. It sometimes drops between 20 fps! Again, I've got sources: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-just-cau...

The consoles are pretty unimpressive at this point in time.
January 30, 2012 7:29:05 PM

esrever said:

You don't need twice the power of a console to run the game on PC at console equivalent settings. That is ridiculous. You might need slightly more power than the 360, it being a closed system and all, but to suggest even 2x is absurd!
a c 92 U Graphics card
January 30, 2012 8:05:32 PM

t178abc said:
You don't need twice the power of a console to run the game on PC at console equivalent settings. That is ridiculous. You might need slightly more power than the 360, it being a closed system and all, but to suggest even 2x is absurd!

The 3870 is about 2x as power as the 360's gpu and you will need it to run current gen games.
February 1, 2012 2:37:20 PM

why Microsoft doesn't use something stronger like the HD 6850 instead of the very weak 6670 ?
February 1, 2012 2:58:17 PM

I mean Microsoft can put a 7970 in the xbox if you want. Hope you don't mind a $1000 or more price tag.

Xbox is purpose built and runs a singular engine that all design work is built around.

The raw power mentality in racing holds true for this discussion. You don't necessarily need a higher horsepower engine to make a car go faster. You can optimize other areas of the car such as weight.

You can not compare an xbox's specs to a computer....... so stop it already.
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 3:01:42 PM

These are all rumors anyway. My bet is they'll use mobile components to keep power down. Maybe 6850m or something... which is pretty shitty but whatever.

If they do use the 6670, it's supposed to be about 6x faster than the current 360. I think this will definitely bring the minimum level of detail way way up and help the PC ports immensely.

I know devs can better optimize performance on consoles, but it would be really great if consoles and PCs could all use the same API (Direct X, OpenGL, other) so that we all get optimizations. Yeah, you'll still need a slightly beefier PC because of background processes (windows) but it's not by much. Of course, it would also be kind of awesome for low end PCs if we could go back to running games from DOS. Not that I'd bother, but if you wanted to build a $400 PC you should be able to get at least as good of performance in games as a console.
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 3:25:09 PM

You can not compare an xbox's specs to a computer....... so stop it already. said:
You can not compare an xbox's specs to a computer....... so stop it already.

actually you can.

and talks about "DEVS OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE ON CONSOLES" are pipe dreams. THEY DON"T OPTIMIZE, they just make the GRAPHICS SUCK A LITTLE BIT , kids aged 10 to 15 can appreciate.

talks like these always make it sound like there's "SOME MAGIC" behind console quality graphics vs PC graphics.

if somehow some of you people do get stunned by a console game's graphics the past 5 years you guys should should stick to low/medium settings sub 720p. that would make some fun console-like experience.

a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 3:34:23 PM

Wow why the hate?
Console resolution is upscaled to 1080, and the developers do have to make certain sacrafices to get around that ancient hardware. With.that said, there are development/scripting tricks they can use to make something run better on a specific configuration.
a c 361 U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 3:40:33 PM

wolfram23 said:
These are all rumors anyway. My bet is they'll use mobile components to keep power down. Maybe 6850m or something... which is pretty shitty but whatever.

Doubtful since mobile components usually costs more. The point is to create a console with a low enough price point where it will not take a 7 or more years to break even... Unless someone gives MS an ultimatum that the 3rd gen Xbox cannot use more than 99w of power.
February 20, 2012 4:39:46 AM

i love how PC gamers actually get butt hurt over the PC/Console deal.. fact of the matter is this!

Consoles like the 360 and even the ps3 do a great job of playing games at low cost to the consumer.. and that's with great graphics on a nice massive TV.

Xbox 360 is in its 7th year now.. 7 years on! and still playing games of today and these Dev's actually love programming for the Xbox Despite its hard wear age..

and people that say a console will never be as good as a PC.. are just ignorant, as its no secret that on launch, the xbox 360 was very powerful and was better than MOST! PC's even tho its GPU was based off a sub high end GPU, after customization and given a solid architecture, it was leaps and bounds ahead of any gaming pc that was under 2 grand.

sure tho, after about 10-12 months the PC caught up and started taking the lead, now we are 7 years in,... the PC is clearly ahead! but is it SO far ahead that the Xbox games are just crap and unbearable to look at? hell no! play games like Forza 4 and Gow3 on Xbox and uncharted 3 on ps3 and you'll see that games still look Great.. there is no way you can show me a PC that's 7 years old and costing 199 bucks could come even close to playing these kind of games..

and i truly believe that when the next gen Xbox arrives and or the ps4, they will be GREAT! and will match any affordable gaming rig.

anyway, just for the Record, im not a "fan-boy" i am just a fan of technology and tech growth and i love watching gaming platforms grow! regardless of what platform it is.

with all this said about how good the xbox and ps3 still is, im growing very bored of them, i have played the xbox now for nearly 7 damn years! its about time for the new gen of consoles to come out.
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2012 4:46:17 AM

You are so misinformed its insane.
February 20, 2012 4:51:17 AM

care to elaborate?
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2012 12:30:45 PM

Agreeing with flint... Console wlill and never will be more powerful then a pc
!