Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Please revire cyberpower pc build

Tags:
  • Cyberpower
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
April 6, 2012 8:59:09 AM

Hi forum I'm new to pc gaming so can you please look at this configuration and tell me what you think it costs 1250 after mir and 5 percent off its 1125 ish and if I should wait for ivy bridge and kepler

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2:p rofessional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color)

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [-40] (BLACK COLOR


CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Red Color [+0])


FAN:Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan [+0]

FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

HDD:* 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD -525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write [+3] (Single Drive)

HDD2:500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+94] (Single Hard Drive)

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:( Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320 Keyboard & Mouse Combo [+0]

MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+3] (Corsair

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX MB w/ Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+23]

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:o nboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:* 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+56]

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-BIT PCI Sound Card [+0]

TUNING:FREE - Intel® Core™ i5-2550K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel [+0]

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+160] (EVGA Superclocked)

More about : revire cyberpower build

April 6, 2012 2:55:23 PM

The SSD is not worth getting. OCZ is a bad brand in general and 60 GBs is just too small to do serious gaming with.

Either get Crucial M4 128 GBs or a Samsung equivalent (or some sucky brand with a similar size at least) or none.

Water cooling... You would be better off with a Hyper 212 EVO, IMHO.

I am not about to get on Cyberpowerpc site and see if these things are available on there, because you don't even know what you are getting, but if you want to buy through them its all you.

Having (or a major brand) is just not going to cut it when I order parts or when I tell others to do so.

Also, I am not a Corsair fan and pretty much all they have is Corsair stuff. I guess if I wanted to have all my parts be the #2 in quality instead of the #1 in quality, I would consider Cyberpower, but I don't really want that.
April 6, 2012 3:49:37 PM

If there is no overclocking happening, I fail to see why you need water cooling and a 2550K.

I'd suggest 2500K, that way you can utilize your intergrated cpu graphics if your video card ever fails.

If your doing a massive overclock, by all means go with the 2550K and water cooling.
Related resources
April 6, 2012 4:11:30 PM

Not like I enjoy sounding like an idiot, but isn't the 2550k internally the same as a 2500k except that it is clocked higher from the factory?

I usually tell people if they don't want to OC then get the 2550k and if they do want to OC then get the 2500k.

According to my knowledge, that would give the non-OCer a higher clock without them having to do anything. It would also give the OCer a way to spend less $ for the same thing since the factory clock rate really doesn't matter much to them.
April 6, 2012 4:20:31 PM

The 2550K is 100mhz faster than the 2500K but it does not have IGP.
April 6, 2012 4:43:43 PM

My last two pre-builts were Cyberpower and I have no issue with them. Reasonable markup for something that comes preassembled.

I've also had nothing but good luck with Corsair for whatever that's worth.

Agree on waiting for IB.

Haven't seen any benches on the H60 that make it look more appealing than a Hyper 212 air cooler. If it's the same price and comes stock, may as well give a go, tho.

Been hearing good things from those that use the Z68 (and would assume upcoming Z77) SRT with a 30GBish SSD and a normal HDD. I would say either get a bigger SSD to get the bulk of your files/games on or go with a smaller SSD and use SRT.
April 6, 2012 5:04:47 PM

I just wouldn't get the 2550k for that reason, because IGP is an invaluable troubleshooting tool, but for someone that wants to avoid OCing even a tiny bit they might be better off going with the faster clock speed.

That wasn't really what I meant, though.

What I didn't understand was why he would prefer a 2550k if he was doing a massive OC.
April 6, 2012 6:05:54 PM

Raiddinn said:
I just wouldn't get the 2550k for that reason, because IGP is an invaluable troubleshooting tool, but for someone that wants to avoid OCing even a tiny bit they might be better off going with the faster clock speed.

That wasn't really what I meant, though.

What I didn't understand was why he would prefer a 2550k if he was doing a massive OC.


You got a point ill get the 2500k if something happens to the 580 at least I have igp all parts I selected don't say major brand example the graphic card is evga superclocked and the RAM is corsair and about my psu is it a good choice the thermatake trx 850watt has a bigger rebate
April 6, 2012 7:26:54 PM

Raiddinn said:
I just wouldn't get the 2550k for that reason, because IGP is an invaluable troubleshooting tool, but for someone that wants to avoid OCing even a tiny bit they might be better off going with the faster clock speed.

That wasn't really what I meant, though.

What I didn't understand was why he would prefer a 2550k if he was doing a massive OC.


Because it has the same 95w tdp without IGP, so likely it's going to overclock better.
April 6, 2012 11:59:48 PM

I suppose some power could be diverted to the IGP even if it wasn't being used and that might take away the same voltage from the regular processing cores. That would make some sense theoretically.

Peep1988 - I absolutely must strongly advise against getting a Thermaltake PSU. So much in fact that if I want to show people what the worst possible PSU performs like, I point to charts that record the performance of a Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w. This company does not make good PSUs and even if the rebate gave you back every penny that you spent on it, I still wouldn't suggest you hook up any serious computer part to it.
April 7, 2012 2:24:20 AM

Raiddinn said:
I suppose some power could be diverted to the IGP even if it wasn't being used and that might take away the same voltage from the regular processing cores. That would make some sense theoretically.

Peep1988 - I absolutely must strongly advise against getting a Thermaltake PSU. So much in fact that if I want to show people what the worst possible PSU performs like, I point to charts that record the performance of a Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w. This company does not make good PSUs and even if the rebate gave you back every penny that you spent on it, I still wouldn't suggest you hook up any serious computer part to it.


Thanks i didn't know sticking with the corsair psu and the 60 GB ssd from ocz is free after rebate does that change your opinion or should I just scrap it
April 7, 2012 2:37:53 AM

If you can get a SSD free you might as well take it.

Maybe you can install the OS on the regular HD and just leave the SSD for games or something.

- Edit - Where are you getting that free 60 GB SSD, btw?
April 7, 2012 3:27:57 AM

joisjayaram said:
If you can get a SSD free you might as well take it.

Maybe you can install the OS on the regular HD and just leave the SSD for games or something.

- Edit - Where are you getting that free 60 GB SSD, btw?


On cyberpiwerpc its free after mir i know a mir might take a while to get back but free is still cool
April 7, 2012 6:42:29 AM

Hes right that thermaltake is a bad one If you want to build with thermaltake you need to use a toughpower series or a toughpower grand series which are rated very well. Not as good as say a corsair AX series but still not bad.
Also don't waste your money on the card reader that they use it will not last just spend like 3 more bucks on the external they offer then if it goes bad you just throw it away and get another. You don't have to pull the one they included out of your system. Also the cooler it depends where you live. I live in Arizona and I use water cooling because it works better for me than air. I see you got a good mouse but anything branded xtreme gear is bad so I hope you already have a good keyboard.
April 7, 2012 8:37:22 AM

galeener said:
Hes riht that thermaltake is a bad one If you want to build with thermaltake you need to use a toughpower series or a toughpower grand series which are rated very well. Not as good as say a corsair AX series but still not bad.
Also don't waste your money on the card reader that they use it will not last just spend like 3 more bucks on the external they offer then if it goes bad you just throw it away and get another. You don't have to pull the one they included out of your system. Also the cooler it depends where you live. I live in Arizona and I use water cooling because it works better for me than air. I see you got a good mouse but anything branded xtreme gear is bad so I hope you already have a good keyboard.


Yeah I'm getting a okay logitech keyboard mouse combo Easter sale or some thing cause extreme gear is crap will a 850 watt corsair handle a 580 and overclocked i5
April 7, 2012 9:26:10 AM

yes an 850 corsiar will it will also give you some headroom.
April 7, 2012 9:35:19 PM

Raiddinn said:
If you can get a SSD free you might as well take it.

Maybe you can install the OS on the regular HD and just leave the SSD for games or something.

- Edit - Where are you getting that free 60 GB SSD, btw?


On cyberpowerpc I can now get a z77 motherboard should i get one I heard it has pci 3.0 and is bacwards compatabile with pci 2.0


April 7, 2012 9:45:37 PM

Yes they are but It will be a first release board so Usually I wait untill all the bugs are worked out of new released parts But its up to you.
April 8, 2012 8:24:19 AM

galeener said:
Yes they are but It will be a first release board so Usually I wait untill all the bugs are worked out of new released parts But its up to you.


glad i waited today only on cyberpower free shipping so my configuration is 1200.80 i think its a good deal probably going to buy it i think im going with the i5 2500k in case my gpu dies and if there are bugs on the new boards than can be updated via firmware and if maxwell the intel part coming in 2013 is as amazing as i think it is i wouldnt want to have to buy a new mb. lastly if i get a evga 580 from cyberpowerpc can i still use the step up program in cast the 670ti kepler is amazing
April 8, 2012 8:30:08 PM

You may want to call them and make sure the include all the boxes and upcs of all the parts that you ordered.
April 8, 2012 9:54:22 PM

galeener said:
You may want to call them and make sure the include all the boxes and upcs of all the parts that you ordered.


Yes they do I was watching unboxing vids and the boxes are all there i did buy it I got a good deal I'm stocked its 1205 bucks 1080 after mir here's what i got

galeener said:
You may want to call them and make sure the include all the boxes and upcs of all the parts that you ordered.



Yes they include all the boxes and upcs i watched some unboxing vids and the boxes for the gpu motherboard ect were there I just bought it here's what I got I'm pretty stocked

ARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2:p rofessional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color)

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [-40] (BLACK COLOR)

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+0]

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Red Color [+0])

FAN:Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan [+0] (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])

FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)


HDD:* 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD -525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write [+3] (Single Drive)

HDD2:500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+94] (Single Hard Drive)

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:( Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320 Keyboard & Mouse Combo [+0]

MEMORY:4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [-25] (Corsair Vengeance)

MOTHERBOARD:[CrossFireX/SLI] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 1 PCI [+11]

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:o nboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:* 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+56]

RUSH:RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS [+49]

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+160]
April 11, 2012 3:17:17 PM

If it was me, i would nix the SSD, toss the watercooling (just a headache), and use any savings to upgrade the RAM to 4gb x 2 kingston Hyper X.

Change to a regular fan if youre not extreme overclocking and if you are, a Thermaltake FRIO or hyper 212 evo will do the trick nicely. other than that i'd say youre good.

oh... and get rid of the professional wiring. the way the case is configured and with SATA cables and all, its impossible for it to be a mess.

mine was prestine when it arrived from cyberpower... perfectly wired and tied.
April 11, 2012 9:08:31 PM

mojorisin23 said:
If it was me, i would nix the SSD, toss the watercooling (just a headache), and use any savings to upgrade the RAM to 4gb x 2 kingston Hyper X.

Change to a regular fan if youre not extreme overclocking and if you are, a Thermaltake FRIO or hyper 212 evo will do the trick nicely. other than that i'd say youre good.

oh... and get rid of the professional wiring. the way the case is configured and with SATA cables and all, its impossible for it to be a mess.

mine was prestine when it arrived from cyberpower... perfectly wired and tied.


Totally agree about RAM but its a lot cheaper on newegg the ssd is free after mir and the water cooler was almost the same price agree I probably should not of gotten the professional wiring i thought 20 bucks sure probably should've done it myself
April 12, 2012 1:11:18 AM

I just wanted to say that professional wiring can be a pretty big pain in the A@@.

I do all my own wiring and sometimes I see a thing that I would like to do differently and it can take an hour or more to undo the current setup and redo the thing that I wanted to change.

It is fun and I don't mind it, but it is kinda a waste of time for people that get paid a lot.
April 30, 2012 8:14:40 AM

Raiddinn said:
I just wanted to say that professional wiring can be a pretty big pain in the A@@.

I do all my own wiring and sometimes I see a thing that I would like to do differently and it can take an hour or more to undo the current setup and redo the thing that I wanted to change.

It is fun and I don't mind it, but it is kinda a waste of time for people that get paid a lot.


update ive recieved my pc a couple of days ago and i gotta say its beast working like a champ bought 4gb more ram the ssd is doing great hope it doesnt crap out couldnt pass up on free
April 30, 2012 11:56:26 AM

Congrats!
April 30, 2012 3:21:27 PM

Yeah... i didnt realize the SSD was free. Definately wouldn't have told you to toss it.

I am against water cooling for most people. think its overdone and a pain.

but i'm glad you like it! i got min in Feb. its a great. couldnt be happier...
!