Nikon CoolPix 2100 replacement ( AA NiMH batteries & Compa..

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 15, 2005 11:59:43 PM

I'd get another Nikon CoolPix if it weren't for the lack of flash
memory (otherwise it's a great camera for my needs).

Do you know offhand of a similar sized camera (pocket sized) which uses
the same compact flash cards and AA batteries?

My Nikon CoolPix 2100 battery door latch lost a millimeter of plastic
and now does not hold batteries so my main option is replacing this
beloved year old Nikon.

There was only one thing I didn't like about the Nikon CoolPix 2100 and
that was the fact it never remembered my flash settings (I always use
fill flash but the default was stuck at AUTO).

What's the closest replacement (size, AA, compact flash) to the Nikon
CoolPix 2100?

Anybody know?
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 3:37:49 AM

rustydustin@yahoo.com wrote:

> What's the closest replacement (size, AA, compact flash) to the Nikon
> CoolPix 2100?

a few weeks ago i started looking for a newer camera for my hubby.

I have a CP 950 that i still use, but the shutter lag and stupid battery
door drives him nuts... anyhoo -- I too wanted AA batteries and compact
flash card. Those were my only requirements for this new camera.

i did a search, on sites that compare cameras, and didnt have too much luck

i went to my local camera shop and talked to the guy there, he
recommended the Canon Powershot A95. so i just picked one up for $260.
(been playing with it all night)

not sure how the actual size compares to your 2100... seems a lil thick
to put in a front shirt pocket.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:06:08 PM

Terese wrote:
> I have a CP 950 that i still use, but the shutter lag and stupid battery
> door drives him nuts... anyhoo -- I too wanted AA batteries and compact
> flash card. Those were my only requirements for this new camera.

I'm unfamiliar with the Nikon "stupid" battery door problem.
What is the engineering flaw in the Nikon?
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:50:09 PM

bentknuckle@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm unfamiliar with the Nikon "stupid" battery door problem.

Hmmmmm, I'm assuming you are toying with me, I just stumbled onto
Rusty's post about the reason he is replacing his camera ( his post from
6/10/05)
the broken door latch - what i called a plastic "hook" thing.

Not a very good design
!