Your question
Solved

Core i3 CPU getting too Hot!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core
Last response: in CPUs
July 19, 2012 5:57:37 PM

I just finished my first build, and I'm worried that my CPU is getting too hot (It is a Core i3 2120 with the stock heatsink)

I've downloaded coreTemp and real Temp and both are saying i'm between 60-80 degrees Celsius just doing simple things like browsing the web. I'm really worried because this seems way too hot.

My setup is as follows:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 (with the 2 stock fans)
Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-M LX PLUS
CPU: Intel Core i3-2120
GPU: XFX Double D HD 7770 Black
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX V2 500 watt 80 Plus
RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB

I have been doing research and I've already ordered Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste for the CPU and 2 new case fans (A 200mm for the top, and a 120mm for the side).

Will this be enough? What do you guys recommend? Should I do anything different?

Would an aftermarket CPU cooler be a good option? If so, do you know any good ones that would fit in my case/motherboard?

Any help is appreciated!

More about : core cpu hot

Best solution

a c 190 à CPUs
July 19, 2012 6:00:06 PM

Check to make sure that the stock heatsink is seated well. Easy way to do this is to reach in and see if you can pull up any of the twist clips. If you can pull them up then it isnt seated well and this is the reason for your heating issues. The stock HSF if it is seated well should be more then enough for you along as the room has good air flow.
July 20, 2012 12:06:21 AM

Thank you! Thats all it was
m
l
July 20, 2012 12:06:31 AM

Best answer selected by jabeoogie.
m
l
!