Building a pc. Graphic Desing and Gaming

G

Hey guys, this is my first time in the forum and well, i want to build a pc for my personal use. Ive been doing some research to make the best choices for my budget which is 1000$ more or less. Some people adviced to buy a Mac. But im not sure and i want to make the best invesment.

Im looking for a powerfull pc, for a little gaming, some video and picture editing and graphic desing (im a desing student). Im also a little concern about how long it will take for the pc to become obsolete, u know in terms of new techs coming up and stuff.

So far ive came up with this:
Core i7-600.
4 Corssaire RAM (16gb)
Axus Z Genie motherboard
Nvdia Gforce-540 graphic card (the one recomended here)

But i would really apretiate your recomendations.

Thanx.

PoplicoMan

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
not a very good build to be honest.
For the proccesser you should look at a sandy bridge i-5 or even a newer ivy bridge. as for the MOBO you should look at a Gigabyte. I suggest a Z68 chipset if it fits the budget. and for the GFX card youre looking for... throw the 540 out the window. You can look at a 7770 or maybe a 6870. They have similar performance

Ignore P-man, he obviously doesn't know what a Sandy Bridge processor is or a Z68 motherboard is......

Ok first of all, Im not sure where you coming from, obviously not USA or UK.

Corsair is not Corssaire.

Asus is not Axus.

It's i7-2600, not i7-600.

It's Gene-Z, not Z Genie.

LOL

It looks like a good setup, that is if I've translated your rubbish into actual parts that exist. You could go with a motherboard for about $50 less that does the same thing. Look at Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 z68.

Also I've never heard of a GT540, there is a GT520.........either way, it's a very low end card, you probably want to go with something much more powerful.

What psu will you be using?

serialkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Your language is a bit odd and improper but no problem

If you live in us and your budget is 1000 usd then my suggestion will be

intel i5 2400
asrock z68 extreme 3 gen3
Corsair vengence 2x4 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 ram
sapphire hd 7870 ghz edition
pc power and cooling silencer mkii 750w 80+ silver
Wd carvier blue 500 gb hdd