New programs installed - NOT!

On my xp start button I keep getting the bubble come up with 'New Prams
Installed'

This keeps coming up despite my having used the programs which it says are
now.

As this is amn irritation, can this prompt (and the highlighted files) be
removed or un highlighted?
5 answers Last reply
More about programs installed

    Can't answer that question directly, but can offer a solution to an
    overcrowded All Programs list... consolidate such things as Media players in
    to Accessories/Entertainment, things like Adobe, Photoshop etc. etc. also
    into Accessories sub-menu. Any games can be put into the games sub menu.
    Also a lot of programs seem to want to enter themselves in two or more
    spots, delete the ones you don't need. This can all be done by simply
    dragging and dropping them.
    Then, hopefully, your extra programs might show up!

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    "Shub" <shubunkin@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > On my xp start button I keep getting the bubble come up with 'New Prams
    > Installed'
    >
    > This keeps coming up despite my having used the programs which it says are
    > now.
    >
    > As this is amn irritation, can this prompt (and the highlighted files) be
    > removed or un highlighted?

    "Shub" <shubunkin@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    | On my xp start button I keep getting the bubble come up with 'New Prams
    | Installed'
    |
    | This keeps coming up despite my having used the programs which it says are
    | now.
    |
    | As this is amn irritation, can this prompt (and the highlighted files) be
    | removed or un highlighted?

    Right click the Start button. and choose Properties. Click the Customize
    button. Go to the Advanced tab and deselect "Highlight newly installed
    programs." Click OK twice.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Hi,

    Right click on the start button and select properties. Click on customize
    and flip to the advanced tab. Uncheck 'Highlight newly installed programs'.
    This will stop the bubble which notifies you about newly installed programs.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Shub" <shubunkin@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > On my xp start button I keep getting the bubble come up with 'New Prams
    > Installed'
    >
    > This keeps coming up despite my having used the programs which it says are
    > now.
    >
    > As this is amn irritation, can this prompt (and the highlighted files) be
    > removed or un highlighted?

    Do Not Highlight Newly Installed Programs
    1. Click Start, right-click at the top of the Start menu where your name is
    displayed, and then click Properties.
    2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box, on the Start Menu tab, click
    Customize.
    3. Click the Advanced tab, and then clear the Highlight newly installed programs
    check box.
    4. Click OK, and then click OK again.

    "Shub" <shubunkin@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > On my xp start button I keep getting the bubble come up with 'New Prams Installed'
    >
    > This keeps coming up despite my having used the programs which it says are now.
    >
    > As this is amn irritation, can this prompt (and the highlighted files) be removed
    > or un highlighted?

    Thanks that does work... but the bubble comes back if I set the settings
    back. Is there no way of changing
    the reluctant files to be recognised as opened/read?

    What happens if I install new software - with the suggestions made no newly
    installed files will be appropriately flagged :-(