jay_nar2012

Distinguished
How long is an xbox 360 suppose to last in terms of age.

I,ve had my xbox for around 4-5 years with no problems, i can even leave it on for a month non stop without problems.

Even though the voltage regulator for the fans burnt out and somehow took the fans with it (don't work properly anymore connected to an external power supply), have to short the contacts of the voltage regulator for the power to go through, i,ve currently got a fan on the main CPU heatsink (got the newer design just before the jasper chipset came out, so i,ve got a falcon chipset), got a little fan on the little radiator thing which has a heat pipe coming from the GPU heatsink and a fan at the back of the dvd drive (there is a gap between the back of the DVD drive and the back of the motherboard case) which sucks hot air from somewhere, they are all connected to a external power supply so i can control how fast the fans spin.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=jasper+heatsink&um=1&hl=en&client=opera&sa=N&rls=en&channel=suggest&tbm=isch&tbnid=03Y0BTQWaqS4wM:&imgrefurl=http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360-hardware/1290627-new-360-slim-rrod-within-3-hours.html&docid=QT9cKCuAcqVFMM&imgurl=http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/940/31.jpg&w=600&h=400&ei=D18IUJadB_K10QWGn-XIBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=725&vpy=189&dur=1724&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=171&ty=100&sig=116101122035702019370&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=189&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:103&biw=1355&bih=646

The heatsinks i've got is on the right side.

About the cooling system, microsoft could of done a better job by even adding a few 4cm fans.

If you wanted to know i have or had nidec fans, 3 pin ones ( +/-/+), the xbox is an arcade with an falcon chipset (with HDMI aswell).

Since the longest warranty period is/was three years, I expect you are experiencing the end of life expectancy now.
Replacement parts are available since you do not seem too intimidated by the innards of your Xbox. You can even do water cooling if you want. You could concievably (as of now) keep it going forever.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished

If you knew anything about computers then you would know that an xbox 360 is an computer, every thing you own might be a toy but i buy real things not toys.

Go troll and fail somewhere else.

devilofdeaths

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

i do know that any console is a computer but its what 7 years old in the computer world that is a toy compared to the new things its like comparing a 250 to a 680 and you buy real things oh then why did you buy a 360

jay_nar2012

Distinguished

I bought a 360 because 1. when i got it i didn't know anything about computer gaming, 2. you don't have to keep upgrading things every few years, i,m not rich enough to afford a gaming system that can perform similar to a X360 and i got it when i was 9 or 10 years old, my parents aren't going to buy me a high end gaming system at the age of ten are they.

If a X360 is a 'toy' then any computer that is old is a toy then?

I didn't ask the question so that i could start an arguement, if you thing they are toys then thats your choice not mine, to me they aren't toys.

devilofdeaths

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

i respect your opinion and your right to keep them and in that statement you seem to respect mine thank you for once a civil person