"All Programs" not big enough

October 29, 2004 12:15:36 AM

I am using Windows XP Home SP2

The "All Programs" window displays three columns but is not big enough
to show the new program which I have jsut insrtalled.

"New Programs" is shown.

How do I access the new program?

Thanks,

Robin Chapple

More about : programs big

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 12:15:37 AM

Column widths are determined by the length of the longest entry. Rename long
entries and you may be able to display an additional column of program names.

"Robin Chapple" wrote:

> I am using Windows XP Home SP2
>
> The "All Programs" window displays three columns but is not big enough
> to show the new program which I have jsut insrtalled.
>
> "New Programs" is shown.
>
> How do I access the new program?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin Chapple

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 12:53:01 AM

Right click Start button
Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
Then open the Programs folder.
Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
OR
You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
column.
Right-click the Start button
Go to Properties
Click the Customize button.
Click the Advanced tab.
Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
Check that and hit OK.

!