Antec hcp-850 vs. Corsair AX850

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Antec hcp-850 (with mulitple 12v rails) vs. the Corsair AX850 (with one 12v rail), which I see has won some awards. It's for a video editing work-station. I'll be using one graphics card - Nvidia gtx 560ti or gtx 570. Any thoughts about which is better and why? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about antec corsair ax850
  1. For a single GPU, you don't need anywhere near that much wattage, but either one is good.

This will get the job done quite nicely, and is even a bit overkill itself. SILVERSTONE Strider Essential series ST60F-ES 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
  2. Since you chose two very high efficiency and high quality units - I assume that you want your workstation to be absolutely stable and quiet for your work.

Here's one that i suggest to people who are looking for the absolute best in its class..
    The Seasonic X650
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088
  3. Thanks for the input. I'll check 'em out.
  4. as my buddies said,850w is overkill.but,FYI antec hcp 850 is made by Delta and AX850 is made by seasonic.both are top notch quality,you can't go wrong with delta as they have a really good history but i am partial to seasonic.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gtx Antec Corsair Components Product