V6 GT - RAM clearance and other stuff - Noob wants expert opinion

woodsra

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Hi guys,

I really have no clue with most of this PC building stuff, but I am ordering a PC from cyberpowersystem.co.uk and I just wanted to run some of the specs past you guys to make sure I'm not going to have trouble with the heatsink size.

Case: Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case
CPU: 2500k
CPU cooler: CoolerMaster V6 GT
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair XMS3 w/Heat Spreader (PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory)

They're not going to have trouble fitting anything are they? I mean, I'm using two sticks of RAM, so even if the V6 GT blocks some slots, there'll still be 2 open, correct?

Like I said, I've got NO IDEA with this stuff.

By the way, how's a V6 GT going to go with cooling the 2500k if I overclock it to 4.5GHz in this case? I've read its a pretty good cooler.

Also, the ThermalTake Frio is available for only £4 more. How's it compare to the V6 GT? I don't think I'm too worried temperature-wise, as I read some reviews where they were compared and were either equal or barely any different, but what about noise? Is the Frio louder or quieter?

How are the noise levels on the V6 GT; loud, average, quiet?

Thanks in advance, guys.

g-unit1111

Titan
I really like that Azza case - you can see a review of it here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/switch-810-cosmos-ii-strike-x-hurrican-2000,3151.html

If you look at the photos, clearance won't be an issue at all. The Corsair XMS doesn't have a tall heat spreader like the Vengeance does - I have two systems with that same RAM and haven't had any issues with it.

The Frio and the V6 are OK choices for cooler - if you're gonna get the Frio - a similar style cooler that I really like is the Akasa Venom Voodoo: http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/cpu.product.tpl&no=181&type=CPU%20coolers&type_sub=Retail%20cooler&model=AK-CC4008HP01

I like the installation because there's no cheap metal clips holding the fan together and it just drops onto the heat sink.

g-unit1111

Titan

It'll be a long time before I do another full build but if I do I'm basing it off of that case without thinking about it.

woodsra

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
Also, which is quieter, the Frio or the v6 gt? I know they can both get pretty loud, but which is the better of the two - ie which could keep an overclocked to 4.5GHz 2500k cool with the least noise?