New build Heat

rockodss

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
So my brother finally bought a new PC from newegg, we got all pieces and I mounted it. I was wondering whats the normal Temp for a I3 3.1GHz?

with the stock fan and stock termal paste (the 3 stripes on the CPU) its around 32degree IDLE. and going around 45degree playing Blacklight Retribution on High.

There is no Graphic card so we are on the internal GPU if that change anything. he's buying a GTX550Ti in a week but we are worry about the CPU at 45degree.

we pushed back the heatfan and it seems solid. The arrow point at the Fan, so I think its "lock". Anyone know? thanks in advance!

Solution
That's totally normal. 45 degrees under load is nothing to worry about, nothing at all. If you hit over 70c then you need to do something. Everything is A OK!

Xtremeskill

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
45 degrees is pretty good you probably want to keep it under 90 degrees. I would reccomend when getting the gpu, buy a better heatsink. I have a hyper 212+ and it has my i5 2500k running under 30 degrees c idle and just over 30 degrees when playing bf3 for long hours. So your good.